Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Jeep Fan
By unlimited

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Jeep, and I'm planning on trading in my current Jeep and buying the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited this Fall. A Jeep is not a metal box on wheels, its a reflection on life and its pleasures.

The ability to 'feel' the road.

Continued research in quieting the soft-top model.

Love my Jeep
By Jeep Wave

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is extremely fun to drive and the little extra cargo room the Unlimited offers goes a long way. I plan to get a 3" lift and put some 34" tires on...which the wife is against but what does she know. Mine came with a grille guard and fog lights which look very nice.

It goes anywhere! This thing cuts through mud like its nothin...freakin awesome! The 7 speaker system is loud and sounds crisp. Extra cargo room is nice.

The air box/intake is very restrictive which doesn't help its poor fuel economy. Why not make the engine preform better at the factory? i.e. a better stock air intake system. Other than that the Jeep Wrangler is perfect for me.

I Love this vehicle
By gimlet

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned Jeeps my whole life and people ask me why I love them so much. They complain about the ride being too rough and it eating too much fuel. To me, however, a vehicle should be practical and fun to drive and that is what I love about the Jeep Wrangler; they are awesome off-road, sporty enough to drive around town, not to mention there are myriad configurations for the roof which is awesome since I live in Hawaii. But the thing I love the most is the fact that they haven't changed all that much in the past, once again proving the old mantra "if it aint broke don't fix it."

Versatility.

Perhaps one of those built in thermometers and if you could customize it more straight off the lot.

I have loved all of mine
By jmc19117

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a car that is great on gas, silent, & not bumpy then pass on the Wrangler. If you like to have fun, get through almost anything & have a blast doing so then this is the one for you! I am a female & do not find it difficult to get the soft top on or off. Have not had a hard time with it in any sort of commuting. Easy to travel in also. Have taken it up & down the East Coast.

Soft top.

That is come standard with plastic liners for the floors. I had to buy myself but was wise investment. They help out in wet /sandy / muddy conditions.

Unlimited Offroad
By Vinnie

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My third Jeep without a single problem. The offroad capabilities are second to none. I drive on black diamond trails. The trails only a Jeep can handle. The Unlimited Wrangler has a smooth ride and handles well on the road. I would recommend to anyone.

Removable doors and top for summer driving.

Could use a navigation system.