2004 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
The keeper
By CJwheeling on 11/25/04 00:28 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 14th jeep. CJs, TJs, Cheerokees have all been in my stable at one time or another. Jeep has finally made the perfect vehicle for me. Quieter, relatively spacious and with the same potential as short wheelbase TJs. I currently own a built 1985 CJ7, and after test driving the Unlimited on a whim, I bought one two weeks later. Upsides: Storage, potential, comfort (except for the seats) Downsides: Seats still suck, soft top is a pain to put up and down by yourself.

solar yellow rubicon
By RR5MAN on 11/16/04 20:13 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the jeep of all jeeps - a brute.

Rubicon is the way to go
By dynamo on 11/13/04 08:36 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the fourth new jeep I have purchased and it is the best one yet. Starting with an 1978 Levi CJ7 to a 1981 CJ5 next to a 1987 Wrangler and this Rubicon goes places here in Arizona where the others would not.

4X4 FUN
By SJD on 11/07/04 08:11 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 4 jeeps over 26 years and have enjoyed four wheeling the deserts of Arizona over that entire time.

satified, for lack of a better word
By Seth Wangler on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

there's nothing like driving a jeep, and this is the best, looking, rideing, feeling, offroad capable jeep ever made. hands down.

Too much FUN!
By Neophyte on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Awesome fun factor, but better as a second or third vehicle. It's unbeatable off road, but if you are considering all the car-like SUV's, remember that Wrangler is made with ONE purpose in mind: Off-road.

Best ride out there!
By Pootie Wango on 10/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2002 wrangler for the new 2004 electric lime. Jeeps handle the best than any suv/4wd that I have driven and there have been alot. You have the security and fun of the 4wd and the drop top. I will own nothing but a Jeep Wrangler!

Luv my Columbia Edition Wrangler
By dcman on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

It is awesome. Great ride and fun vehicle!!

Rubicon Review
By cmccall05 on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It takes whatever I can throw at it and keeps going! Amazing 4x4!

Jeep Unlimited is great
By reelynole on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Jeep Wrangler. I previously had Jeep Cherokees. Here in the Tampa Bay area we have been besieged by HURRICANES giving me the opportuntiy to tow about ten idiots out of flooded streets including a Honda CRV suv. I felt great about that. I easily tow my 2500 Lb. boat. I put the sunrider top down for a summer day. I love this vehicle. The car is quiet, comfortable and rock solid. I know the engine is reliable. I put 200,000 miles on two cherokees and the Wrangler has the same in line 6 cylinder engine. You cannot go wrong with this rig.