Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 285 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Outstanding
By Roger

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Wrangler is a great vehicle that can go places one never thought a vehicle could go. Up hill, over rocks and through rivers. Very tough and dependable.

4 wheel drive, towable with all 4 wheels down behind my motor home. Convertible top and hardtop.

A V8 would be nice but the standard 6 isn't bad.

Rubicon after two years.....
By AZ Rock Rider

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Still very impressed with my Jeep. I lifted 3" (Rubicon Express) and put all sorts of plates underneath. Other than that it is stock and so far has gone everywhere I wanted to go. I have been on several 4 rated trails and have never been stuck. The lockers are great! I have only had one small mechanical problem with the front locker and the dealer fixed it in one day.

Looks, capability of vehicle. If I want to go somewhere way of the beaten path, I can.

Gas mileage. Don't go way off road with out extra gas!

Jeep Fan
By unlimited

2004 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Jeep, and I'm planning on trading in my current Jeep and buying the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited this Fall. A Jeep is not a metal box on wheels, its a reflection on life and its pleasures.

The ability to 'feel' the road.

Continued research in quieting the soft-top model.

Love my Jeep
By Jeep Wave

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is extremely fun to drive and the little extra cargo room the Unlimited offers goes a long way. I plan to get a 3" lift and put some 34" tires on...which the wife is against but what does she know. Mine came with a grille guard and fog lights which look very nice.

It goes anywhere! This thing cuts through mud like its nothin...freakin awesome! The 7 speaker system is loud and sounds crisp. Extra cargo room is nice.

The air box/intake is very restrictive which doesn't help its poor fuel economy. Why not make the engine preform better at the factory? i.e. a better stock air intake system. Other than that the Jeep Wrangler is perfect for me.

I Love this vehicle
By gimlet

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned Jeeps my whole life and people ask me why I love them so much. They complain about the ride being too rough and it eating too much fuel. To me, however, a vehicle should be practical and fun to drive and that is what I love about the Jeep Wrangler; they are awesome off-road, sporty enough to drive around town, not to mention there are myriad configurations for the roof which is awesome since I live in Hawaii. But the thing I love the most is the fact that they haven't changed all that much in the past, once again proving the old mantra "if it aint broke don't fix it."

Versatility.

Perhaps one of those built in thermometers and if you could customize it more straight off the lot.