2004 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Wrangler X
By It's a Jeep thing!!! on 04/08/05 12:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is one type of car/truck/SUV that everyone wants. We have owned sports cars, trucks and minivans but I have always wanted a Wrangler. This is the most fun you can have in anything out there. We live in NE Ohio about 60 miles south of Lake Erie. Just last week it was 72 degrees on a Friday and 10 inches of snow on Sunday morning. Our Wrangler has handled everything our weather has thrown at us. From winter snows to the top down fun in the summer; you just can't find that in any other SUV.

Piece of Heaven
By Ithndr on 03/21/05 09:52 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great looks, great power, well built, driver and passenger friendly, you can't go wrong with the Unlimited.

You get it all in the Rubicon
By DAC on 03/12/05 21:43 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I traded a Wrangler Sport for my Rubicon. I found that the Rubicon would go where the Sport would only try to go ...without adding a lift, tires, and lockers. This Rubicon is simply a better stock Jeep. It has the same great features as the Sport such as the covertible top, ease in parking, and fun driving. In addition, I found that it will go off- road where the Sport could only dream of going with the Rubicon's stock front and rear lockers, 16' wheel set, and the additional lift to accomodate the 31' wheels. This Rubicon is truly the Jeep that I would expect all Jeeps to be.

CJ's Jeep
By CJ's Jeep on 03/05/05 14:08 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this Jeep! I had my first Jeep back in 1994 and it was an 86' Islander bright yellow. I loved it. Went back to driving cars and realized Jeep is the only one for me. So now I have the new 2004 Unlimited and it is awesome. Girl's like Jeeps too.

Rubi Red is Fun... a great Jeep
By vwnb99 on 02/19/05 09:35 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Jeep is a blast. Rides much better than my 1990 SE. I am happy with the purchase, use it mostly to go to and from work (live in the country) and off road now and then. The ride is a bit jittery on secondary roads and require me to hold onto the wheel tight. The driving position is very uncomfortable. My left arm gets tired holding the wheel and I feel boxed in with the door right on my shoulder. The loop door handle is useless. The gas mileage is horrible (14.36 average), the 5 speed shifts like a old farm tractor. In 2nd to 3rd gear the motor is guttless. The 7 speaker stereo system is poor. But even with all these little annoyances, the RUBI is a blast to drive.

Great Multupurpose Vehicle
By DAC on 01/14/05 22:07 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned other Jeeps but this was my first Wrangler. I promised my wife a convertible some day and she loves the Jeep. Great purchase. It is not the most comfortable ride for long highway drives but it is acceptable. It is hard to get the kids in their car seats. The fuel economy is not what it should be based upon existing technology. IT IS a fun vehicle, and a great short distance commuter. It handles the back roads and off-roads with equal ability. If you're afraid to get a scratch on it buy a Lexus and stay on the highway. IF you want a ride for bad weather, hunting conditions, and off-roading recreation...the Wrangler is a good fit.

It's a JEEP
By Ray Miller on 12/15/04 00:54 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 18 jeeps from the CJ3 to Cherokees, Grand Cherokees and this is the best yet! I knew from past experience that a Wrangler is a Jeep as far as ride and design. Still I love the Rubi!! Auto transmission is the best yet. Gearing is super. It is the peppiest yet. "NOW THE BAD" My biggest complaint is the darn pinging. Jeep says thatÂ’s the way it is, live with it! And use 89 octane when the book says runs on 87. Got no help trying to fix this problem after 4 trips to 2 different dealerships.

Great fun, 4cyl grossly underpowered
By Pete on 12/07/04 02:46 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Wrangler SE is loads of fun to own and drive. However, the 4cyl motor is grossly underpowered. Lags very badly on the steep California hills with an empty cargo. Fuel mileage should be much better for a 4cyl. I average about 15.7 mpg with the top down and 17.9 with the top on.

TJ-8
By eatjeep on 11/29/04 08:10 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Room for a weekend trip without a top rack, can't wait for the aftermarket to catch up. Removable rear seat is a snap. I wish the hard top was easier to take off (heavy). I'm hooked, and I'm keeping this baby.

"You Have to drive one"
By SmokeyJeep on 11/25/04 08:31 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I always wanted a Jeep- For one they keep the same style so the residual value remains high - and for two they are the BEST looking vehicles on the road-Only people with style can adapt to the flawless unchanged styling of the Jeep-I owned mine now for approx:3 months I have about 5000 miles on it I use it for every day use approx 50 miles per day and I love it-A good solid ride and a good sound system if you purchase the sound package-I took it off roading in NH and handled some obstacles with out any worries then I drove home 210 miles in comfort-What other vehicle can conquer cliffs in the deep woods then get on the road and drive in comfort and style-If you are thinking about buying buy!