Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2004 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

the '04 Jeep Rubicon
By Justin snowborj22

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

this car is awsome its the first new car ive ever purchased and its great it handes great and it performs perfectly off road

Favorite Features

the 4x4 the ruggedness and the stock 31" tires

Suggested Improvements

a bigger lift and light bar included

"JAJ" JUST A JEEP
By KEN HARTLEY

2004 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

HUNG UP THE FIRST TIME IN MUD WITH FACTORY TIRES. RIDES LIKE A TANK. CRUISE AND TILT MAKE IT ROADWORTHY FOR TRIPS. HOT WEATHER, TURN ON THE A/C. A 3:07 REAR END GETS 22MPG SOMETIMES, CRUISES AT 1750 RPM @ 65 MPH, NO STRAIN, USE LOW RANGE TO CLIMB THE TOUGH HILLS WITH THIS JEEP. FOR $21,800.00 CHRYSLER SAW US COMING AND NOW YOU SEE US GOING-----OVER THE HILL ON ONE TIRE....DIDN'T GET A TRAIL RATED STICKER ON THIS 2004 JEEP, PLUS THE PAINT SUCKS, ON THIS JEEP.

Favorite Features

JEEP FORDING CREEK

Suggested Improvements

HARD AND SOFT TOP STANDARD ON EACH JEEP, SHOULD HAVE BOTH. BIGGER TIRES AND A HIGH PERFORMANCE 4 CLYINDER ENGINE THAT WILL JET BLUE FLAMES FROM THE TAIL PIPES, DUAL EXHAUSTS PLEASE.

Nothing better than a Jeep
By Jeep Fan

2004 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Wrangler I've owned. By far, it is one of the most fun vehicles produced today. Top off in the summer, 4WD in the winter. Fuel economy is terrible, but you can't expect much out of a tank with a tent. New top design has made it one of the quietest Wranglers yet.

Favorite Features

New top is quieter than in past. New 4 cyl. engine is more powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy.

I can't believe I finally did it!
By P. J.

2004 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a buddy who has a Sahara and I loved to drive it. I had talked about getting a Jeep for over a year. Well, my car died and I finally did it. I wanted the Sahara, but they didn't have any on the lot, so I got the X with added A/C, tinted rear windows & upgraded wheels/sound bar. I live in New Orleans, so the ride on the streets can be a little bumpy, but it is a blast to drive! If you've ever thought about it . . . Just do it!!

Favorite Features

Rear folding/removable seat, soft top, rear tinted windows, 4L I6 engine standard, manual tranny! Heck, everything!

Suggested Improvements

Driver's side tip & slide seat, A/C should be standard & should add the feature that the Unlimited soft top has, where you can just fold back the top above the driver/passenger front seats.

First Jeep!
By Gern Blanston

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Jeep. I remember driving a 1983 CJ -7 and this Unlimited blows it a away. The ride is shall I say "Tons Smoother" than the old Jeeps. I traded my Toyota Tundra in on this vehicle and have not regretted it. I was used to the Toyota build quailty and was not dissapointed with this Jeep. Yes, it doesn't have the same creature comforts as my Tundra, but for a Jeep, I impressed! Arranged the whole deal over the Internet with the dealer and it was painless. Does pay to shop around and play the other dealers against each other.

Favorite Features

The open air driving. The soft top takes a little practice, but I absolutley love the "sundowner" version. Impressed with the "tightness" of the controls. Haven't averaged the gas mileage yet, but it doesn't matter. This Jeep is too fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

This Jeep needs to have factory standard door-sill protectors, still getting used to having to lift my legs when I get in and out of vehicle.