Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2004 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Most Helpful|
Love It
By Unlimited Rules

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Unlimited rides TONS better than my old 1997 Wrangler when it was stock. After I saw the extra room, I had to have one. It is nice to be able to fit more than 4 paper sacks of groceries behind the seats. Overdrive is a nice improvemnt over the 3 Speed Auto. It seems to roll in corners less than my old stock '97 Wrangler did. Went through some windy roads near LaGrande, Washington and I was really impressed with the improvment in handling. Don't get me wrong, it is still a Jeep, but it is much better than my old one.

Favorite Features

Nothing better than the top off on a warm Washington night. I really like that auto dimming rear view mirror. The temp and direction are nice too. I have the 7 speakers, they are an improvment over the 4, but not worth the $300. The A/C works great! Engine is quiet.

Suggested Improvements

A Dual Top package, and a lighter Hard Top. Someone on the assembly line that makes sure all of the clips that hold the nuts for the hard top are there. I lost one of the nuts in the Jeep, it must be there somewhere! Include a TORX set with every vehicle.

Rubicon is the way to go
By dynamo

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the fourth new jeep I have purchased and it is the best one yet. Starting with an 1978 Levi CJ7 to a 1981 CJ5 next to a 1987 Wrangler and this Rubicon goes places here in Arizona where the others would not.

Favorite Features

The air lockers are a great addition.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy this needs improvement.

Jeep Fan
By unlimited

2004 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Jeep, and I'm planning on trading in my current Jeep and buying the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited this Fall. A Jeep is not a metal box on wheels, its a reflection on life and its pleasures.

Favorite Features

The ability to 'feel' the road.

Suggested Improvements

Continued research in quieting the soft-top model.

i dont know about this...
By D

2004 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm going to be accosted for this but... I hate driving this thing, it is in perfect condition and all but it is HELL on the highway! You feel like the wind is going to take you and flip you over and It has almost happened a few times. It wont move in snow unless its in 4X4. Don't get caught in a snow storm on the highway because driving in 4wd on the highway is scary also. Overall its a very dangerous vehicle if you do a lot of highway driving. The newer ones address those problems and its not as bad but do be careful, and choose wisely if you are going to drive this on the highway. Also my local dealer is full of scammers and traveling salesman.

Favorite Features

nothing, mine has no options whatsoever. no backseat no ac, nothing.

Suggested Improvements

make is safer on the highway. more standard options like a backseat and ac.

It's a Jeep
By Pratt

2004 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this January 2010 as my first Jeep (SE trim, 5-speed manual). Overall I dig it, but I you gotta be sort of a Jeep fan to in my opinion. The ride is harsh (more bumpy than the average car, and the wind noise can be unbearable if you're just getting out of a Cobalt or anything other quiet car ride). On the other hand, from what I've seen, they're pretty reliable (I know mine is), and off roading is great alongside the many many accessories from tops to lift kits, you name it, there's probably an accessory for the jeep and that's always great!

Favorite Features

convertible top, loads of Jeep aftermarket accessories

Suggested Improvements

For 2004, the overall ride quality (including wind noise), longer-lasting material stock for the soft top.