Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Jeep Unlimited
By Sunbakt

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my new Jeep for two weeks and already I have 1,100 miles on it! I love it!!! What fun it is to drive, and how well it handles! I highly recommend owning a Jeep!

I love the soft top, it was what I chose instead of the confines of a hardtop vehicle.

I must admit, I do miss the little amenities I had in previous vehicles, like power windows and such...but it's impractical in an open air vehicle.

Love It
By Unlimited Rules

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Unlimited rides TONS better than my old 1997 Wrangler when it was stock. After I saw the extra room, I had to have one. It is nice to be able to fit more than 4 paper sacks of groceries behind the seats. Overdrive is a nice improvemnt over the 3 Speed Auto. It seems to roll in corners less than my old stock '97 Wrangler did. Went through some windy roads near LaGrande, Washington and I was really impressed with the improvment in handling. Don't get me wrong, it is still a Jeep, but it is much better than my old one.

Nothing better than the top off on a warm Washington night. I really like that auto dimming rear view mirror. The temp and direction are nice too. I have the 7 speakers, they are an improvment over the 4, but not worth the $300. The A/C works great! Engine is quiet.

A Dual Top package, and a lighter Hard Top. Someone on the assembly line that makes sure all of the clips that hold the nuts for the hard top are there. I lost one of the nuts in the Jeep, it must be there somewhere! Include a TORX set with every vehicle.

Very high build quality & fun to drive
By djd

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Jeep and the build quality is far better than my last three Jeeps. There were no factory defects at all. The engine is very powerful and smooth running. The ride is far smoother and quieter than I expected with those knobby tires (although not car-like). The 4-wheel- drive system is unstoppable. My only suggestions are; get the hard top as the soft top is very difficult to install / remove & note that the "gray" interior is really black (very hard to keep clean). I could not be more pleased with this Jeep.

Manuverability / fun to drive.

The vehicle is so air-tight with the hard top on that the doors have to be slambed a little too hard. Biggest problem: My wife keeps coming to my workplace parking lot and driving the Jeep away, leaving her damn Suburban for me to drive home in (maybe I need two Jeeps).

Go Anywhere
By Rocking

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Besides my 04 Rubicon I also have a 2000 Sport 5m. Both have dual tops. The 2000 gets 17 mpg the Rubicon gets 12 MPG. I drive both the same. It's time to bring out the turbo diesel 4 cyl and see what it can do. Don't get me wrong I would buy it again. But like others my 3/4 ton chevy 4X4 gets 17 mpg. I am headed to Moab next week I'll see how it holds up.

Compaired to the 2000 sport - stock lockers, Dana44 axles, beefy transfer case. My 2000 has the Dana 44 out back.

Fuel economy, horse power. Raise the driver seat up. The 2000 seats are more comfortable.

the '04 Jeep Rubicon
By Justin snowborj22

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

this car is awsome its the first new car ive ever purchased and its great it handes great and it performs perfectly off road

the 4x4 the ruggedness and the stock 31" tires

a bigger lift and light bar included