2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Delayed Review
By vbprof on 08/08/09 00:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had this Wrangler Sahara for over 5 years. A very FUN car to drive, although not the comfortable one. Had hardtop and added U-haul hitch. Very classic looking. Small, but very easy to park and making turns. Very noisy with high speed, but that is expected with a Jeep. Never had any engine or mechanical related problem. I also love the tires with "Wrangler" brand (from Goodyear), as well as the high ride with this Jeep. Sahara line is well equipped. I only wish the sound insulation is little better. My hardtop is great, but removing it is difficult. People either love this or hate this car. There is no middle ground. (just as you never go to South Pole to see winter, not summer

Why'd I Wait So Long?
By Chad on 12/14/05 22:01 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep. I bought it in June 2005 with only 6k miles. So far I'm at 15k with no problems so far. Road manners are much better than I ever expected. Not nearly as loud as I thought it would be, especially with the hard top on. Not the most roomy and practical vehicle on the planet but then again who buys a Wrangler for space, fuel economy, or practicality. It's a lot of fun to drive & customization options are endless with all the aftermarket items available for Jeeps.

They still make Jeeps like they used to.
By JEEP4LIFE on 08/13/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Jeep Wranglers rule! I bought my '04 Sahara a month ago, and it is incredible. The only 4X4 that I could find that wasn't made mostly of plastic. They cut all the gadgets and gizmos. I knew going into it that 16-18MPG would be normal, so I can't complain. The engine is powerful, stock suspension is very capable on trails. I found it interesting that people said the freeway drive is too bouncy and noisy. With the hard top on, it is just as quiet as my wife's Integra, the soft top isn't bad either. It is very smooth on freeways. Yeah, when you hit bumps on smaller roads,you do bounce a little, but it is a Jeep! Take it off-roading and you will see what I mean.

William's Jeep
By William Weaver on 06/29/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied overall with this vehicle. It is fun to drive, and having the 4WD available, though I have yet to use it, gives me piece of mind. I gave it a 9 for comfort due to the lack of a door arm rest, which really is not a problem as the center console is there. I gave it a 6 for fuel economy because its 15-19 mpg is reminiscent of the 80's era vehicles. It has had, as yet, no mechanical or body work though I do intend to add the tow bar, which I think should be standard given the lack of trunk space with passengers aboard. While I think I will never part with it, I am also pleased with the TMV and resale value.

Nice Vehicle
By Shidia Wa Suda on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Jeeps are the most enjoyable vehicles ever made, on the pavement, or off road. (preferably off-road) Myself ha had 3 Jeeps in my life and hadn't regreted a cent i spent on those Wranglers.

nice car- but mine keeps breaking down.
By bobsanfran on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 1998 Sahara Wrangler but after 66,000 miles it lives in the shop now. Every 10,000 miles - some thing breaks. 66,000 miles the Radator broke 70,000 the AC compressor siezed 74,000 the Exaust manafold craked 80,000 the clutch unit and other transmission parts needed to be replaced 90,100 - in the shop again - the computer is broken - they are trying to see what broke it.

great car
By Gillian3409852 on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

this is a great car.

awesome
By czardoz1 on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It doesn't get any better.

jenyuin
By rellommihcs on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

So far REAL good. Im happy with the vehicle I traded in a great vehicle (01 dakota 4x4). But it was to big for my needs.

TJS OPINION
By TOM HESCHLE on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

LOVE IT, FUN TO DRIVE, ESPECIALLY IN FLORIDA. GET ME THROUGH HEAVY RAIN AND PUDDLES