2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Wrangler Unlimited a Good Value
By tjkirchman on 12/31/08 14:31 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am happy with the Wrangler. That being said, I knew what to expect from this vehicle and I live in an area where there are plenty of places to take it off-road and sometimes our weather here makes having a 4x4 a definite advantage as well. If you want a vehicle that can take you to and from work or to the store and you live in the city, then the Wrangler probably isn't for you. However, if you want a fun versatile vehicle that is reliable and can haul and tow and get you unstuck from places that other SUVs won't dare to venture, then you may want to consider it. For the small price difference, consider the Unlimited. It has more room and better towing capacity and road manners as well.

Unlimited is the One
By EddieGee on 09/18/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love the Wrangler Unlimited. I believe that this is the first year they came out. The longer wheel base and extra cargo make this a more versatile Jeep than the standard Wrangler. The 15" wheels are substantial but could be bigger but the longer wheel base makes this a solid drive on or off-road. The straight six is more powerful than advertised or at least it feels that way. This is a fun drive with the Sunrider Top (front seat only pull back on top). I may get one of the newer Unlimiteds as well. Great ride with the only drawback for me being 16mpg city and 21mpg highway.

Jeeps for Life
By Bob on 08/20/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Jeep. Don't buy if you want luxury or maximum comfort. Buy it if you love the outdoors and want to enjoy live by your own terms. This vehicle is addaptable to nearly every need.

First Wrangler, Unlimited is perfect!
By miahkettle on 01/16/07 18:04 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned a KJ and put 266K miles on it. I purchased an LJ (Unlimited Wrangler) because I always wanted a Wrangler but it just wasn't practical until now. This Jeep is great off road and bearable on. I took this Jeep to Paragon off road park and could not believe what it could muster being stock with a longer wheelbase. This Jeep is perfect for business during the week and wheeling on the weekends!

Love my Jeep
By Jeep Wave on 05/29/06 06:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is extremely fun to drive and the little extra cargo room the Unlimited offers goes a long way. I plan to get a 3" lift and put some 34" tires on...which the wife is against but what does she know. Mine came with a grille guard and fog lights which look very nice.

Unlimited Offroad
By Vinnie on 04/05/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My third Jeep without a single problem. The offroad capabilities are second to none. I drive on black diamond trails. The trails only a Jeep can handle. The Unlimited Wrangler has a smooth ride and handles well on the road. I would recommend to anyone.

Jeep Owner X3
By Gary on 03/15/06 05:41 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Jeep Wrangler I have owned. The 1st was a 97 Wrangler Sahara which I gave to my son. I purchased the 04 Rubicon because it had a 5 speed. Other than a little rougher ride than the Sahara, I am totally blown away by the Rubicon. The thing people need to know about a Jeep is that it is a real SUV. If you're looking for the smooth quiet ride, it's not for you. If you want a real 4x4 capable of going anywhere, built in the USA, that holds resale value, and is a blast to drive; this is it. The wife drives an 03 Liberty Ltd, so when we need 4 doors and have a passenger or two we use it. Like they say; "It's a Jeep thing...."

Piece of Heaven
By Ithndr on 03/21/05 09:52 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great looks, great power, well built, driver and passenger friendly, you can't go wrong with the Unlimited.

CJ's Jeep
By CJ's Jeep on 03/05/05 14:08 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love this Jeep! I had my first Jeep back in 1994 and it was an 86' Islander bright yellow. I loved it. Went back to driving cars and realized Jeep is the only one for me. So now I have the new 2004 Unlimited and it is awesome. Girl's like Jeeps too.

TJ-8
By eatjeep on 11/29/04 08:10 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Room for a weekend trip without a top rack, can't wait for the aftermarket to catch up. Removable rear seat is a snap. I wish the hard top was easier to take off (heavy). I'm hooked, and I'm keeping this baby.