2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Four years and counting
By Jeeper Jim on 02/03/08 13:58 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my TJ Rubi. She's a gas to drive and be seen driving. You can't just can't beat top-down-doors-off Jeep'n fun. Took her on the Rubicon Trail stock and she bottomed out a few times. A 4 inch lift kit and 33" MTRs and she'll go anywhere. Gas mileage stinks but so what. It's a Jeep!

Have fun while driving
By TBONE on 07/19/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 3 1/2 years now and I have not had any major problems. Very reliable and rugged vehicle. Excellent in the snow, dirt, mud. The rugged tires will get you out of any situation. Jump curbs, logs, boulders. Anything! Basically as far as off road capability you couldnt ask for anything more. The jeep is not a very great in the highway. Its noisy, rough ride (you will feel every bump), and will cost you a lot in gas. (be prepared for that)

Best of the Bunch
By KSnodgrass on 07/11/07 10:05 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is our third Jeep from the Wrangler family. Love it so far. Best ride and functionality of the group (we still own the other two). They finally catered to those of us in the south and added functional A/C. The only downside is the vulnerability. We've been broken into 3 times in 3 weeks. I guess that's the drawback of the soft-top.

Lovin' It!
By Rachel on 05/29/07 08:39 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, my little beast is a dream come true! I love everything about it (except the gas mileage, but that comes with the territory)! I put a 3.5" Super Flex Rubicon Express Lift Kit suspension lift and a 1.25" body lift to fit the 305x70x16 (original rims) tires. She's a little monster now! I couldn't have asked for a more fun vehicle to own and drive. Just driving around and watching the heads turn make me love it just that much more!

2004 Jeep Rubicon 2d/h-top
By Redrubi on 05/23/07 16:41 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Rubicon and there is no other stock SUV or 4x4 that can do what this Jeep can do on or off road. I have 31,500 miles on it and have not had any problems with it yet. I take it off road 2 or 3 times a month with member's of my Jeep group and more than a few of them have bought one because of how good it does on and off road.

Rubicon after two years.....
By AZ Rock Rider on 08/09/06 13:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Still very impressed with my Jeep. I lifted 3" (Rubicon Express) and put all sorts of plates underneath. Other than that it is stock and so far has gone everywhere I wanted to go. I have been on several 4 rated trails and have never been stuck. The lockers are great! I have only had one small mechanical problem with the front locker and the dealer fixed it in one day.

2004 Rubicon
By Dean on 02/20/06 15:08 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the Jeep and dual top group, easy to work on and with the lockers this thing will go anywhere. Lifted it up 6" and added some 35" tires. The new suspension lift actually makes it ride better than stock. The Rubicon is the model to buy. Love the 7 speaker sound system.

If you love Jeeps...
By Jerry R. on 02/19/06 11:16 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've almost always owned one Jeep or another and currently own 2. If you're tired of dumping huge amounts of money into building a capable off-roader, get yourself into a Rubicon. I'll be starting with a Rubicon as a base for building from here on out because you just can't build a more serious off-road vehicle for the money. Buy one and drive it from the dealership directly to the nearest (and most extreme) trail and have fun knowing you'll go anywhere! I love my '04 more than any Jeep I've built (including a '59, '76 and an '88). The seats need lower lumbar support but it's more comfortable by far than it's predecessors. Save your "build-up" cash for something else - buy a Rubicon instead.

I Like It, I Love It, I Want More of IT
By Rubicon on 12/02/05 22:05 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had a number of cars in my 52 years, but none that I love more than my 2004 Rubicon. I loved the feeling of freedom with the Safari top in the summer and the warmth and security of the hardtop in the winter. I like putting my camping gear in the back and heading off to the back country in search of my Shangri La. I love the feeling of power driving through the loose sands of the Great Sand Dunes National Park and locking the Dana 44s when the going gets tough. Apparently someone else liked my Rubicon as well, because they hijacked it from my drive Wed. night. It feels like my best friend is lost. I want my Rubi back!

Rubicon
By brdhntr on 10/31/05 23:57 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a highly capable off road vehicle that takes command of the situation. The ride and handling characteristics are what one should expect of a true off road vehicle. This vehicle is highly impractical for anything other than fun. But fun is what I bought it for!