Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Four years and counting
By Jeeper Jim

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my TJ Rubi. She's a gas to drive and be seen driving. You can't just can't beat top-down-doors-off Jeep'n fun. Took her on the Rubicon Trail stock and she bottomed out a few times. A 4 inch lift kit and 33" MTRs and she'll go anywhere. Gas mileage stinks but so what. It's a Jeep!

Off road capability. Endless supply of aftermarket goodies.

Phased plasma cannon in the 100W range.

Have fun while driving
By TBONE

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 3 1/2 years now and I have not had any major problems. Very reliable and rugged vehicle. Excellent in the snow, dirt, mud. The rugged tires will get you out of any situation. Jump curbs, logs, boulders. Anything! Basically as far as off road capability you couldnt ask for anything more. The jeep is not a very great in the highway. Its noisy, rough ride (you will feel every bump), and will cost you a lot in gas. (be prepared for that)

Love the fact that I dont have to worry about the weather with this car. I know no matter what I will get to my destination. Taking the Top Off and driving it into city or the beach is best. You will definitely get lots of attention in this car.

Improving the ride (very rough on the highway and you will feel every bump),improve the interior, improve the gas mileage. ...but hey.... its a jeep!

Best of the Bunch
By KSnodgrass

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is our third Jeep from the Wrangler family. Love it so far. Best ride and functionality of the group (we still own the other two). They finally catered to those of us in the south and added functional A/C. The only downside is the vulnerability. We've been broken into 3 times in 3 weeks. I guess that's the drawback of the soft-top.

A/C! (Ride in a CJ or YJ with the top on for a couple of days, then tell me the A/C isn't your favorite feature.) Uncomparable capability off-road. Stereo much improved over previous models.

Gas mileage. Off the line acceleration with the 5-speed leaves something to be desired. Need a better glove box lock. Apparently even when locked, they still pull open easily. Learned this the hard way

Lovin' It!
By Rachel

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, my little beast is a dream come true! I love everything about it (except the gas mileage, but that comes with the territory)! I put a 3.5" Super Flex Rubicon Express Lift Kit suspension lift and a 1.25" body lift to fit the 305x70x16 (original rims) tires. She's a little monster now! I couldn't have asked for a more fun vehicle to own and drive. Just driving around and watching the heads turn make me love it just that much more!

Flexible upgrading capabilities at a decent price, off-roading capabilities, convertability, cleanability, interior design, exterior desing that screams "take me off road and get me muddy!!"

Lower seat backs (I'm 5'3 and can't see over the seats when backing out).

2004 Jeep Rubicon 2d/h-top
By Redrubi

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Rubicon and there is no other stock SUV or 4x4 that can do what this Jeep can do on or off road. I have 31,500 miles on it and have not had any problems with it yet. I take it off road 2 or 3 times a month with member's of my Jeep group and more than a few of them have bought one because of how good it does on and off road.

Everything except the stock tires.

Need to go with BF Goodrich KO/MT tire's. The stock tire's are junk on and off road.