Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sahara SUV Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Delayed Review
By vbprof

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had this Wrangler Sahara for over 5 years. A very FUN car to drive, although not the comfortable one. Had hardtop and added U-haul hitch. Very classic looking. Small, but very easy to park and making turns. Very noisy with high speed, but that is expected with a Jeep. Never had any engine or mechanical related problem. I also love the tires with "Wrangler" brand (from Goodyear), as well as the high ride with this Jeep. Sahara line is well equipped. I only wish the sound insulation is little better. My hardtop is great, but removing it is difficult. People either love this or hate this car. There is no middle ground. (just as you never go to South Pole to see winter, not summer

"Wrangler" brand tire, reliable build, tinted glass, classic appearance, able to remove anything, hardtop, doors, even windshield, many after-market products, cheap but still a headtuner

roof rack is almost impossible, better noise insulation, better fuel economy (although this car uses regular gas), make easy to remove hardtop, poor quality of windshield wiper (jumps and noisy)

Why'd I Wait So Long?
By Chad

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep. I bought it in June 2005 with only 6k miles. So far I'm at 15k with no problems so far. Road manners are much better than I ever expected. Not nearly as loud as I thought it would be, especially with the hard top on. Not the most roomy and practical vehicle on the planet but then again who buys a Wrangler for space, fuel economy, or practicality. It's a lot of fun to drive & customization options are endless with all the aftermarket items available for Jeeps.

I love having the top off. Great on and off road capabilities. Classically cool!

The top could be easier to put up and down but as it is it's not a huge deal. Gas mileage could be a lot better but I wouldn't want to give up any performance capabilities to get better mileage.

They still make Jeeps like they used to.
By JEEP4LIFE

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Jeep Wranglers rule! I bought my '04 Sahara a month ago, and it is incredible. The only 4X4 that I could find that wasn't made mostly of plastic. They cut all the gadgets and gizmos. I knew going into it that 16-18MPG would be normal, so I can't complain. The engine is powerful, stock suspension is very capable on trails. I found it interesting that people said the freeway drive is too bouncy and noisy. With the hard top on, it is just as quiet as my wife's Integra, the soft top isn't bad either. It is very smooth on freeways. Yeah, when you hit bumps on smaller roads,you do bounce a little, but it is a Jeep! Take it off-roading and you will see what I mean.

Suspension, Sahara interior, Both tops, No Top,Easily removable rear seat, Add-a-trunk (although a bit small), Sound system, Driving in the mountains on trails that most people can't go!

In the years to come, I expect to see a redesigned engine with better gas mileage. This is a truck that can't be inproved too much. They've spent over 60 years perfecting it!

William's Jeep
By William Weaver

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been very satisfied overall with this vehicle. It is fun to drive, and having the 4WD available, though I have yet to use it, gives me piece of mind. I gave it a 9 for comfort due to the lack of a door arm rest, which really is not a problem as the center console is there. I gave it a 6 for fuel economy because its 15-19 mpg is reminiscent of the 80's era vehicles. It has had, as yet, no mechanical or body work though I do intend to add the tow bar, which I think should be standard given the lack of trunk space with passengers aboard. While I think I will never part with it, I am also pleased with the TMV and resale value.

Overall aesthetics rank very high. I like the temp. & direction display on the rear view mirror. Cruise control is valuable on the California highways. I am also very impressed with the performance of the 4.0L straight 6 engine.

Make the tow bar standard. Gotta try to work on that mpg thing, though I am happy to sacrifice it for the 4WD performance capabilities.

Nice Vehicle
By Shidia Wa Suda

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Jeeps are the most enjoyable vehicles
ever made, on the pavement, or off
road. (preferably off-road) Myself ha
had 3 Jeeps in my life and hadn't
regreted a cent i spent on those
Wranglers.

www.cardomain.com

New, tires, sounds system, rims, lift kit, new front and back bumper with lighting kits.