2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Love my Wrangler!
By thill21 on 09/17/12 22:52 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This jeep is awesome. My only complaints are that it is slow to pick up speed, limited cargo space, and interior could be designed more modernly perhaps with an aux input factory installed. It is fun and easy to drive. Handles well in the mud, snow, ice, rain, etc. The floors have plugs you can take out if you leave your top down and it gets rained in. Its super easy to clean the interior if it gets wet or muddy. So far, i've had to replace my timing belt and gas sensor. other than that, i havent had any problems out of mine.

MY FIRST WRANGLER
By sgttony on 03/26/12 05:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a 2nd vehicle that could get me off road for fishing. Something dependable and good on gas. I have a luxury SUV (gas guzzler), and I really did not want to take that fishing! I chose my 2004 TJ with 28,000 miles with brand new 31" tires, chrome 15" wheels, Soft top manual 5 speed. I can get to 75 MPH on the highway, but past 76 it starts to get a little rough! I am in 80-90 degree weather with no AC, but I take off the upper soft top doors, the side windows, and role the back windw and I get a cool breeze! AC not needed! For more power and better fuel mileage I am adding a cold air intake and replacing the exhaust system! This has become my daily driver and I love this thing!

04 jeep wrangler sport
By drock05 on 12/18/10 23:44 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

First thing is first i LOVE my jeep. If you dont like bumpy and loud buy a dumb cadillac if you want good gas mileage buy a stupid civic. But if you like wondering on and off road at anytime and having a blast while doing it. then look no further. the sound bar is awesome. ive only had mine stuck once that was in snow that had been plowed 2 days before and was up over my hood and i have a 3 inch suspension lift with 33" BFG A/T.. you can be driving on the street one minute and the next climbing the side of a mountain. no other vehicle can do what a jeep does. i guess you have to be a jeep person to be in love with a jeep as much as i am.

Lots of fun, surprisingly practical.
By helilog on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Downshift the 4 cylinder early for power, 3rd gear is good for 75 mph, don't be afraid to spin the engine up. It is a twin cam after all. Used thusly, the engine is plenty peppy. Expect 20 mpg town, 24 hwy. Five speed tranny is notchy and vague, a real antique. The later 6-speed is better. I've got aftermarket sliding glass side curtains on the stock low cut doors. Much quieter and more convenient than zipper plastic door windows. The low cut doors make for a good arm rest (since a Wrangler has none). Get a center console for the same reason. Seats could use more lumbar for 400 mile days.

Good to go
By Rockunlimited on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have modded my Rubi, but even in stock form it had out perform a very modded "Sport." Go Rubi. it has better axles (Dana 44 front and rear) and a 4:1 T-case, and drives selectable diff locks. The best way to describe a Jeep is; When looking at what they are designed to do, nothing in the world can compare. When it comes to everything else, they leave a lot to be desired. They do not ride great and they are not roomy, but they are a convertible for the summer, 4wd for the winter and just a whole lot of fun to drive.

It's a Jeep
By X-man on 08/20/10 22:29 PM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used in 2008 with 66000 miles. Had my X for over 2 years now and never a problem. My wife says it rides rough but it's a Jeep. Can't think of anything more fun to drive than a Jeep Wrangler X with the top down, except in a rain storm (had that happen) and here in Texas it's often too hot to keep the top down. This is my first Jeep and it's a great vehicle! I'd recommend a Wrangler X to anyone who wants to have fun while driving, you won't be disappointed!

It's a Jeep
By Pratt on 02/26/10 23:06 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this January 2010 as my first Jeep (SE trim, 5-speed manual). Overall I dig it, but I you gotta be sort of a Jeep fan to in my opinion. The ride is harsh (more bumpy than the average car, and the wind noise can be unbearable if you're just getting out of a Cobalt or anything other quiet car ride). On the other hand, from what I've seen, they're pretty reliable (I know mine is), and off roading is great alongside the many many accessories from tops to lift kits, you name it, there's probably an accessory for the jeep and that's always great!

jeep sport
By hummerh5 on 12/26/09 12:11 PM (PST)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Best 4 wheel I ever had for off road. Great grocery getter. As lite as it is you would expect better highway mpg's

Delayed Review
By vbprof on 08/08/09 00:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had this Wrangler Sahara for over 5 years. A very FUN car to drive, although not the comfortable one. Had hardtop and added U-haul hitch. Very classic looking. Small, but very easy to park and making turns. Very noisy with high speed, but that is expected with a Jeep. Never had any engine or mechanical related problem. I also love the tires with "Wrangler" brand (from Goodyear), as well as the high ride with this Jeep. Sahara line is well equipped. I only wish the sound insulation is little better. My hardtop is great, but removing it is difficult. People either love this or hate this car. There is no middle ground. (just as you never go to South Pole to see winter, not summer

Jeeper 4 Life
By Jeep Rowdy on 04/24/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had 4wd pick-ups and other vehicles, but this is my first Jeep and I absolutely love it. It's boxy, bouncy, and loud - but if I wanted a Cadillac I would have bought one! I've got a 2" lift, 33" MT mud tires (great for off-road, but I'll be switching to Silent Armors when these are worn out) and lots of chrome accessories. Did I mention I got the electric lime green color? I can always find her even in the most crowded parking lot.