Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 285 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

My Rubicon
By Dale

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car

Fun but costly
By gene

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

You can take this vehicle anywhere, mountains, beach, the desert sands. But you need to be willing to purchase fuel more often than passenger cars, many trucks, and other SUV type vehicles because fuel economy is not it's strong point. Also, doing routine maintenance is much more important on one of these than most vehicles due to the blow - your - mind cost of making repairs. If you are not a person who religiously follows the suggested maintenance schedules, do not buy this vehicle. Having said that, I have to confess my next new vehicle will be the jeep wrangler unlimited willy addition.

Love my Wrangler!
By thill21

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This jeep is awesome. My only complaints are that it is slow to pick up speed, limited cargo space, and interior could be designed more modernly perhaps with an aux input factory installed.

It is fun and easy to drive. Handles well in the mud, snow, ice, rain, etc. The floors have plugs you can take out if you leave your top down and it gets rained in. Its super easy to clean the interior if it gets wet or muddy.

So far, i've had to replace my timing belt and gas sensor. other than that, i havent had any problems out of mine.

turns in small places, handles excellent in the snow. tough- helped tow a few cars out of ditches, make our own parking spaces, when there are none left, can take it over a curb if needed.

aux input, tinted windows, neoprone seat covers, bigger engine

MY FIRST WRANGLER
By sgttony

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a 2nd vehicle that could get me off road for fishing. Something dependable and good on gas. I have a luxury SUV (gas guzzler), and I really did not want to take that fishing! I chose my 2004 TJ with 28,000 miles with brand new 31" tires, chrome 15" wheels, Soft top manual 5 speed. I can get to 75 MPH on the highway, but past 76 it starts to get a little rough! I am in 80-90 degree weather with no AC, but I take off the upper soft top doors, the side windows, and role the back windw and I get a cool breeze! AC not needed! For more power and better fuel mileage I am adding a cold air intake and replacing the exhaust system! This has become my daily driver and I love this thing!

4x4 ruggedness!

04 jeep wrangler sport
By drock05

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

First thing is first i LOVE my jeep. If you dont like bumpy and loud buy a dumb cadillac if you want good gas mileage buy a stupid civic. But if you like wondering on and off road at anytime and having a blast while doing it. then look no further. the sound bar is awesome. ive only had mine stuck once that was in snow that had been plowed 2 days before and was up over my hood and i have a 3 inch suspension lift with 33" BFG A/T.. you can be driving on the street one minute and the next climbing the side of a mountain. no other vehicle can do what a jeep does. i guess you have to be a jeep person to be in love with a jeep as much as i am.