Its a Jeep.
By Golf007 on
2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
Purchased the car new, and have used it primarily as a toy. It has been very reliable and has not required anything but normal maintenance. This is a great car for weekends and vacations, but I would not recommend it for everyday use. It is also great in poor weather conditions. The ride is not super comfortable, but that is expected for the type of vehicle. The hard-top is difficult to negotiate, and it becomes an ordeal to remove each season. The exterior metal is thin and dents easily, and the car burns gas at an alarming rate. I replaced the air filter with K and N, and that improved mileage about 2 MPG. All that said, I still love my Jeep.
Favorite Features
Taking the top down and jamming gears. This is a fun traveler for our mountain vacations. It handles great in poor weather conditions. This car can go almost anywhere. The car sits high, and seems very safe to drive.
Suggested Improvements
Both plastic doors cracked in the same spot on top. Fuel economy is poor. Manual transmission doesn't have enough power for a 4.0L V6 given the amount of fuel used. Starting to rust around the rear bumper.