2003 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Not for the faint of heart.

2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Not for the faint of heart.
By madmanstan on

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you plan on driving on the road all the time and you are very young, maybe this vehicl will do, but it has average gas mileage to be expected from an american SUV and its a rough ride in town. That said if you have time to actually use your jeep for offroading and trail running the jeep wrangler is excellent. I cant imagine trying to take a scion up some of the places I have gone in this jeep, and the soft top and removeable doors are always off. Great to drive at night in the summer here and the improved coilspring suspension is a step up from the older leafspring. Still stiff though, so like I say, its not for the faint of heart.

Bulletproof 4.0 Inline 6. Soft top classic round headlights ( square ones suck )

Could have had the X come with a dana 44 axle option. Just because i'm not rock crawling yet doesnt mean I dont need some more durability. Would have liked to have had a little head start on my modifications, but I have to find new axles for it because I already push this jeep to its limits. But for the price it was all I could afford, rubicon was just out of my budget range in up front cost.