love my Jeep but...
By bitharvest on
2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
We have owned 3 Wranglers, and 15 other Jeeps. This one is great in the sunshine and the snow, and can be loads of fun. That said, I must say that the gas mileage is horrible (10-13mpg around town); that as soon as it rains it's all over the road; and that the paint quality is the worst I have ever seen on any vehicle, including late '80's GMs. My jeep is babied (hand washed, waxed, etc.), and the paint is still peeling off. Our two grand Cherokees purchased around the same time do not share this problem, so this is something exclusive to Wranglers. Yes, it's a lot of fun, but I wish that Chrysler would have made the Wrangler with more love!
Favorite Features
Top down driving, ruggedness, the way it handles in the snow, body style. The engine runs like a champ, my ABS brakes (that they don't offer anymore on the X), dealership experience, and the fact that it is a Jeep!
Suggested Improvements
Better MPG and better paint. Also, traction/stability control that one could turn on and off would be a blessing in the rain. More comfortable seats for long drive would be good too!