2003 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: From road racer to trail blaze

2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

From road racer to trail blazer.
By Memphis X on

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

OK, to be fair, I have to mention that I just got the Jeep yesterday. I have yet to drive with the top down, but I plan on doing so tonight after work. I gave up my '93 F-250 with a 460 and my '99 Mustang GT for this. I had this urge to get a Wrangler and I don't know why. After acquiring one, I'm glad I did! I'm anxious to try it out around my work in the dirt. (Our buildings are surrounded by dirt and up against the side of a hill.) I'm so glad that Jeep made the "X" trim for folks like me who want the bigger motor without gouging the wallet.

The clutch and brake pedals are a LOT better than the ones Wranglers had ten years ago. My big feet (size 13) don't hit the brake while I'm depressing the clutch!

It would be nice if Jeep could lower the price a little, but I wouldn't want them to sacrifice quality. Also, I'm paranoid about scratching or wrinkling the plastic glass on the convertible top.