Used 2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

"Is not for you"!
By rmazzio

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third wrangler and my fourth jeep vehicle and i've had no problems with any of them..If you get hung up about getting dirt,dog hair,lots of water,beach sand, or dirty kids than this vehicle is not for you.The ride is rough -deal with it!You can count on one hand the things you can do with other vehicles as opposed to a jeep wrangler-stop crying and go buy a honda.

Favorite Features

go anywhere do anything-and i did!

Suggested Improvements

dont put power windows in it...dont put power locks in it or any other things those crybabies are whining about..

Gently Used
By teflonjpr

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased it gently used with 31x10.5 tires already installed. Rides a lot better than the '97 I had previously driven. 2.4L has better horsepower than older models. Transmission and clutch operate very smoothly. Can hear some clunking into gear, and very stiff in the single digit temps of Iowa winter. High back seats are comfortable for long drives, but don't expect to get much above 65mph with the 4 cyl. Looking forward to spring off-roading.

Favorite Features

Simple layout, solid trans and clutch operation. Front seats are comfortable and easy folding of rear seat.

Suggested Improvements

Bring in the 3.7L V-6 as an engine option.

money wasted
By sammyk

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The build quality of my new Jeep is simply horrific ! With less than 12,500 miles, it has been in the shop no less than 5 times !! The driving lights went out ( replaced whole harness ), the A/C quit working twice, the airbags quit working twice, engine stalled 4 times and the bumper-ette worked itself loose. The most annoying thing is the paint quality. With 3500 miles on it, bug juice removed 117 eraser sized chunks of paint on the grill !! The dealer ( 2 of them ) refused to declare it a warrenty item. Chrysler defered exclusively to the dealer. No other car I've ever had ( over 15, brand new ) ever had this prob.

Favorite Features

convertible fun, ease of manuevering

Suggested Improvements

Quality is horrible. I will never buy another Daimler-Chrysler vehicle again. Customer service is NON existent, they simply defer all issues to the dealer who is the final authority. Be warned, and expect problems.

leahsJeep
By DaytonConsumer

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

LOVE my Jeep - can't believe I waited so long to get one. You get the same adventure as a motorcycle only safer!! I think I'm a Jeep Wrangler lifer!

Favorite Features

Of course the Soft Top - absolutely fun and looks great!!

Suggested Improvements

Being a woman, I do not have the hand- strength needed to put the soft-top back on by myself.

Dangerous on wet roads!!
By shinxie

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had my jeep for two months but had to trade it in because after SEVERAL close calls, I finally had an accident when it slid into the back of another car on wet roads. I have no doubt that had I'd been driving a car, it would have stopped - there was plenty of room. It's also very difficult to see what other vehicles are doing when you are trying to change lanes and merge into traffic. On the good side though, it was a fun car and the a/c was excellent and got cold very fast.

Favorite Features

Soft top roof and fast, cold a/c

Suggested Improvements

Even though it's a jeep, i still wish it had power windows, locks, etc. Also, for safety, they need to do something about the tires, brakes, etc. so that people aren't sliding all over the wet roads!!