2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
I owned my Jeep for 1 hour
By tbd2001 on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a white Sport Model, with a hard top. I was in heaven as I drove it home. I parked it on the driveway and got out. I then noticed a black rubber hose hanging from the back of the car, which God knows for how long I had been dragging. As I inspected the bottom of the Wrangler I noticed a loose piece of plastic, on the back of the passenger’s side back fender. This piece had flapped out because of a missing screw. In addition, what I believed to be the differential axle was completely covered in rust. I called the dealership and told them to have the car I had just traded in ready because I wanted it back. One hour later I was back in my old car.

Jeep #4
By SCHWIES on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this jeep for my wife, she really wanted this color, trim, etc. I could not talk her into a Rubicon, for the same price, although I really love my dad's new one. She is more about sound systems, fun, and comfort than capability. Hendrick was easy to deal with and she loves her new jeep!

Get One..you'll love it
By Get1 on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought a 2003 Inca Gold pearl coat X, I love it. Looks good, drives good. You'll overlook all of it's shortcomings when it puts a smile on your face!

Me and my Jeep
By Wulffan on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE my Jeep. No other vehichle I've owned has given me such a good feeling to drive. The Jeep just feels so right in so many ways. I took her out "wheelin" right after break-in period. I only took her on what wheelers call "the doe run", (easy trails), after all, it is a brand new vehicle. Only modification is bigger tires. (I really don't understand why they even put small tires on at the factory, it just isn't right on a jeep.) I was absolutely amazed at the obstacles I went over easily. After the 2nd worst winter in NY's history with it, and now a hot summer, I can truly say this is a vehicle for all seasons.

SPORTY SENIOR
By yellowranglr on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE BEEN SO PLEASED WITH THE COMPLETE VEHICLE THAT I JUST WENT OUT AND ORDERED A NEW 2004 EXACTLY LIKE MY 2000. I WENT IN TO ORDER A NEW VEHICLE WASN'T SURE WHAT I WANTED, SALESMAN ASKED ME HOW I LIKED MY PRESENT VEHICLE, I TOLD HIM IT DID EVERYTHING I WANTED IN A LEASURE TYPE VEHICLE. HE ASKED ME IF THERE WAS ANYTHING I WOULD CHANGE. THE MORE I THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT I WOULD BE GIVING UP IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE I MIGHT BUY LED ME TO ORDER A NEW WRANGLER JUST LIKE THE ONE I WAS TURNING IN. MY WIFE AND I ARE JUST APPROACHING RETIREMENT AGE BUT STILL LOOK FORWARD TO THE 900PLUS MILE TRIPS WE HAVE TAKEN AND WILL BE TAKING IN OUR JEEP.

What was I waiting for??
By GVLVG on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After lusting after one for years I finally got myself a Wrangler. It's a convertible, an SUV a pick-up, an off roader, it does it all. If you want a perfect 2nd car and a week end fun machine, you could not ask for more.

Just For Fun
By 03 Wrangler SE on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After several months with my Jeep, I am very happy with my purchase. I only wish the weather would cooperate so I could leave my top off more often. For 2003, the seats were re- designed and they are much more comfortable than prior years. Total Fun in the Sun!

Fun, reliable and jugs down gas
By El Chamuquin on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Jeep is definetly a fun filled vehicle. It says "I have no boundaries and nothing to tie me down". If you want a fun car to drive this is it. But keep in mind that this is a brute that will go through some gas quick. With all the technology today you think they could make it a little more gas efficient. Have no doubts, this vehicle isnt made for paved roads, but for the outback. Its only true use isnt in a concrete jungle but four wheeling out in the countryside. As a fun vehicle it has no match, as a city vehicle it could use some modifications.

The Best!
By lovemyjeepsofar on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler but, being in my late 40's, I thought it was a childish fantasy that I should finally put to bed. Then I came to my senses! It's fun, powerful, reliable (so far) and I can go anywhere in it. The 4WD-on-the-fly is easy and quite liberating. I'm short (4'11'') and to finally be able to see more than the back end of another car is one of the best features of this vehicle for me. Sturdiness and safety ratings are another huge plus. The awsome turning radius makes parking a complete breeze. And then there's the "Jeep Wave". It makes you feel at home wherever you are.

RUBICONROCKS!
By TAMU92 on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

VERY FUN! VERY CAPABLE! NO OTHER 4X4 COMES CLOSE.(PERIOD)