2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
I love my Jeep
By Tyler on 01/31/06 13:27 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep Wrangler. I love the feel of driving it along with just being in it. It gives you a sense of power because you can sit above the rest of the traffic. I have modified mine to fit 36" tires with 6.5 inches of lift. It works wonders offroad.

Tomb Raider edition
By Frank on 01/20/06 17:51 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Happy with everything except disappointed with the engine performance. It seems that the engine will backfire on a downshift once and a while. The Jeep dealer told me that someone else was complaining about it and that it was bad gas. So I've tried different gas stations and It's still a problem. I suspect it's a fuel management issue and is normal for very long straight inline six design.The horsepower is lacking for the size of the six and how much gas mileage you get out of it. I bought the Jeep for the power but 4 cylinder cars passed me in the Rockies. Technologically It seems behind the times, related to engine performance. Need some R&D for a factory installed supercharger.

Only in a Jeep
By Brian Smith on 11/30/05 13:19 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first Jeep I have ever owned, and I can't believe I have never had one before now. The slogan, "only in a Jeep" is so true. I have been places in my factory Jeep that I would have never dreamed to take a vehicle. I love this thing. No issues with this at all.

Unbelivable!
By JohnBoy1248 on 03/09/05 13:32 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Although this is my second Jeep Wrangler I still can not believe how capable this Jeep is! No matter what the weather or where you are this Rubicon has no problem taken you where you want to go. Classic Jeep interior and exterior lets you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. Interior comfort is not that of a BMW 7 series, but it it a Jeep it is built for functionality and fun. The most capable Jeep EVER built!

yeaaaajeep!
By jeepfan on 03/04/05 00:18 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just passed 30000 miles on my 03 Wrangler. Trouble free. Says alot because I have owned 2 Accords. It is lousy on gas but, it really makes up for it while your driving it. In 4WD snow is not even a minor inconvenience. Owning a Jeep puts you in your own class. No need to compete with someone else on what kind of car you drive. You drive a Jeep, enough said. Taking the rear seats out allows you to store enough for long trips or vacations. Summer is good with the top down, but, driving in the Fall is even better. On long drives its no Lexus but, if you wanted that ride you may want to get a Lexus. You'll be amazed how quick you get used to roll up windows!

"Is not for you"!
By rmazzio on 12/26/04 15:18 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third wrangler and my fourth jeep vehicle and i've had no problems with any of them..If you get hung up about getting dirt,dog hair,lots of water,beach sand, or dirty kids than this vehicle is not for you.The ride is rough -deal with it!You can count on one hand the things you can do with other vehicles as opposed to a jeep wrangler-stop crying and go buy a honda.

Gently Used
By teflonjpr on 12/23/04 12:34 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased it gently used with 31x10.5 tires already installed. Rides a lot better than the '97 I had previously driven. 2.4L has better horsepower than older models. Transmission and clutch operate very smoothly. Can hear some clunking into gear, and very stiff in the single digit temps of Iowa winter. High back seats are comfortable for long drives, but don't expect to get much above 65mph with the 4 cyl. Looking forward to spring off-roading.

money wasted
By sammyk on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The build quality of my new Jeep is simply horrific ! With less than 12,500 miles, it has been in the shop no less than 5 times !! The driving lights went out ( replaced whole harness ), the A/C quit working twice, the airbags quit working twice, engine stalled 4 times and the bumper-ette worked itself loose. The most annoying thing is the paint quality. With 3500 miles on it, bug juice removed 117 eraser sized chunks of paint on the grill !! The dealer ( 2 of them ) refused to declare it a warrenty item. Chrysler defered exclusively to the dealer. No other car I've ever had ( over 15, brand new ) ever had this prob.

leahsJeep
By DaytonConsumer on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

LOVE my Jeep - can't believe I waited so long to get one. You get the same adventure as a motorcycle only safer!! I think I'm a Jeep Wrangler lifer!

Dangerous on wet roads!!
By shinxie on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had my jeep for two months but had to trade it in because after SEVERAL close calls, I finally had an accident when it slid into the back of another car on wet roads. I have no doubt that had I'd been driving a car, it would have stopped - there was plenty of room. It's also very difficult to see what other vehicles are doing when you are trying to change lanes and merge into traffic. On the good side though, it was a fun car and the a/c was excellent and got cold very fast.