2003 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 3

2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

Sport Convertible SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Awsome Jeep Wrangler
By Aaron Davis on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my second Jeep Wrangler. My first was a 1995 Sahara. I loved it and had regretted selling it until I bought my new 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport. It has the best motor I've ever seen, the 4.0L I-6, that has plenty of power. A great 4- wheel drive system that has never failed me in snow, rain, mud, etc. It is comfortable, attractive, functional and the perfect size. No land yahct for me, thank you very much. By far the best all-around vehicle I've ever had. Once you get one you will never want another SUV, or car for that matter.

THE ONE TRUE SUV
By antandshell on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Can we ask for anything more?

2002 Wrangler Sport 4.0 Liter Engine
By Paiute on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Only one time in shop for warranty repair of defective multi-switch on steering column. My Wrangler has 5000 miles on it now. It is a 2002 TJ Sport.

new jeep
By asr1972 on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

ive always wanted a wrangler, but never purchased one because i didn't feel it was appropriate for a long work commute every day. now that i have a company car, i went and bought one. love it!

3rd Car
By Wynter on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Ever since I can remember I have always wanted a jeep. I had planned on selling my truck but at the last minute I changed my mind. That makes it hard for me to tell if I would like it as well if it were my only vehicle. As for a 3rd car we love to zipp around town on the weekends.

Nothing better to drive!
By YSIC jeff on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

There truly is nothing better to drive than a Jeep Wrangler. I have a '02 Wrangler Sport 4.0L with 5-speed manual and you cannot beat the power and ability of this vehicle for its class. Interior / Exterior and everything about it sells me on the fact that I won't drive anything else. In fact my wife have one too if she wouldn't have already bought a Durango (Another Chrysler product of greatness)The only people that care that much about interior changes don't truly DRIVE a Jeep Wrangler. They just sit in it while it's rolling.

Pathetic build quality.
By d120 on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Vehicle had 8 separate mechanical problems (all under warranty, but each requiring a dealer workshop visit). Latest problem was clutch failure (pedal just flopped onto the floor, totally inoperable) just 2 weeks after its 10k service, which specifically included an inspection of the clutch system. This incident happened without any warning, and could have been fatal. This is by far the most unreliable and poorly built vehicle i have ever owned. Build quality and reliablity are truly pathetic, and I have requested a full refund from the dealer.

Time tested
By Ba3k on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Simply put, there is no vehicle as capable in stock form as the Jeep Wrangler. I've ridden them all (Hummers, Rovers, Cruisers) but nothing off roads as capable as a Jeep.

A. Banana's veiw of a jeep
By Banana on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I think that this car is high quality and high perofrmance endurant. I would change however some of the interior designs, like the seats. My freinds who have Jeeps that are different colors and different years, have the same seat design as i do. I find that annoying cause now i think if i ever sell my old jeep, then I'm not going to buy another one cause it'll be exactly the same as my old one. you should change the seating in different cars. For example, if you make a red Jeep, make the interior black not brown. Thank You very much for your time. A. Banana