2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Best Jeep yet
By raiderdave on 04/02/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a '83 CJ7 that was bulletproof, and was great to drive. My '03 Jeep, is just as reliable and great to drive, with more comforts of my '83. The fuel economy isn't great, but if I wanted that, I would've bought a Toyota.

Can't wait!
By sailormom on 03/14/08 04:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Posting this comment to those who might be shopping for a jeep also. Have wanted one since I was 16 and now I am 41--been driving and paying for a Honda Accord for the last 5 yrs and can't wait to trade for a loud, bumpy, "wind in my face" jeep! Might have to work a 2nd job to pay for the jeep's drinking problem, but you won't here me complaining when my husband, Aussie, and I go to N Ga camping and hiking. We are going to get dirty,have dog hair everywhere and a smile on our faces! Thanks for all the consumer reviews-helps a lot in my decision to trade the Honda to a whining jeep owner.

All you need in a Jeep
By Trent Ford on 02/11/08 14:10 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the Wrangler brand new in '03 and have never, ever changed anything on it. Seriously, since driving it off the lot, it has not been back to the dealer. Even still has original brakes. I did change out the tires for 38" last year. Great reliability!

Most fun I've ever had!
By Ross on 02/10/08 19:28 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I never thought I'd own a Wrangler. I was actually looking for a Cherokee when I stumbled across this perfect 2003 X model. I've never had a vehicle more fun than this. I drive with a smile everyday. It actually rides quite well, the seats are fantastic, and the CD player with the factory subwoofer sounds great. I added stainless bumpers front and rear, a Magnaflow exhaust, and the K&N intake kit. It sounds excellent, and has better pick up. Driving it last summer, on a clear warm night, with the top off, I looked up to see the stars going by, and all seemed right in the world, if only for a few minutes. This vehicle is amazing... especially off road.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY JEEP
By Laurie on 07/26/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep - everything about it. Only thing that I have recently encountered is something called the "death wobble"... pretty scary, but I think we finally got it in order after replacing the track bar and steering stabilizer and found that there was 45 pounds of pressure in one tire and 36 in the other (was that way when I purchased it - unbeknownst to me). In any event, so far it is back to being "my baby".

My first Jeep
By Jason on 07/10/06 15:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

When I was a kid in the 70's my dad had a couple of Jeeps and I have always been a fan. I finally had the opportunity to purchase a new Jeep in 2003. I have had absolutely no buyers remorse. It is my primary vehicle but when ever I have the chance, I take it off road. The first time I took it off road I knew I was getting exactly what I wanted. The first snow fall was the second time I knew I had made the correct purchase. The only problem I have with my Jeep is I have no excuse for missing work during our Pennsylvania winters.

love my Jeep but...
By bitharvest on 07/03/06 14:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We have owned 3 Wranglers, and 15 other Jeeps. This one is great in the sunshine and the snow, and can be loads of fun. That said, I must say that the gas mileage is horrible (10-13mpg around town); that as soon as it rains it's all over the road; and that the paint quality is the worst I have ever seen on any vehicle, including late '80's GMs. My jeep is babied (hand washed, waxed, etc.), and the paint is still peeling off. Our two grand Cherokees purchased around the same time do not share this problem, so this is something exclusive to Wranglers. Yes, it's a lot of fun, but I wish that Chrysler would have made the Wrangler with more love!

Jeep Rubicon: 3 Years Later & Loving It!
By John on 05/09/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After 3 years of ownership and more than 35,000 miles of driving in every type of weather, terrain, on-and off-road condition, I have to say that the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has impressed me as the best built and most capable Jeep that I've owned to date--this one makes Jeep #6. For a Jeep, the ride is comfortable and the seats allow greater adjustment over past models. The suspension is firm and well matched for both on road handling and off-road articulation. The hard top and soft top are both made well and equally quiet when driving at highway speeds. The sailcloth soft top is holding up much better than my previous soft tops from earlier TJ models. This one's a keeper!

BUY A RUBICON!
By SK on 04/04/06 22:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent truck, horrible on gas, easy to do work yourself, pulls large objects with ease (trees, vehicles stuck in mud). Eats gas though and be ready for frequent tire rotations. Also eats starters if you take it mudding.

Wanted one for a long time
By Bob Nukis on 02/12/06 12:02 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For years I've wanted to own a Jeep Wrangler, before it became a Wrangler. When the CJ's were around I thought about purchasing one, but with a wife and growing family it was impossible. Once the kids were out of the house I worked very hard at finding the ideal Wrangler. I like the four wheel drive, the style of the body, the simple things about it. The Wrangler changes on occasion, but you'll alway remember a JEEP before the companies who want to be like them. JEEP Wrangler one of Americans best, and will be around for many years to come. Will the wannabes, probably not. Funny how a WWII JEEP turned into one of America's favorite recreation vehicle. Take that wannabes.