Used 2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

SPORTY SENIOR
By yellowranglr

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE BEEN SO PLEASED WITH THE COMPLETE VEHICLE THAT I JUST WENT OUT AND ORDERED A NEW 2004 EXACTLY LIKE MY 2000. I WENT IN TO ORDER A NEW VEHICLE WASN'T SURE WHAT I WANTED, SALESMAN ASKED ME HOW I LIKED MY PRESENT VEHICLE, I TOLD HIM IT DID EVERYTHING I WANTED IN A LEASURE TYPE VEHICLE. HE ASKED ME IF THERE WAS ANYTHING I WOULD CHANGE. THE MORE I THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT I WOULD BE GIVING UP IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE I MIGHT BUY LED ME TO ORDER A NEW WRANGLER JUST LIKE THE ONE I WAS TURNING IN. MY WIFE AND I ARE JUST APPROACHING RETIREMENT AGE BUT STILL LOOK FORWARD TO THE 900PLUS MILE TRIPS WE HAVE TAKEN AND WILL BE TAKING IN OUR JEEP.

Favorite Features

UTILITY, EASE OF GETTING AROUND IN TRAFFIC, PEACE OF MIND IN WINTER DRIVING, JUST PLAIN FUN.

Suggested Improvements

TOP WILL NEVER BE EASY TO PUT UP AND TAKE DOWN,

Just For Fun
By 03 Wrangler SE

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After several months with my Jeep, I am very happy with my purchase. I only wish the weather would cooperate so I could leave my top off more often. For 2003, the seats were re- designed and they are much more comfortable than prior years. Total Fun in the Sun!

Favorite Features

A convertible top that is actually not too difficult to put up and down (for a Jeep). And its pretty quiet when up.

Suggested Improvements

More power. The four cylinder has a touch time on the highway, especially with the A/C running.

Fun, reliable and jugs down gas
By El Chamuquin

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Jeep is definetly a fun filled vehicle. It says "I have no boundaries and nothing to tie me down". If you want a fun car to drive this is it. But keep in mind that this is a brute that will go through some gas quick. With all the technology today you think they could make it a little more gas efficient. Have no doubts, this vehicle isnt made for paved roads, but for the outback. Its only true use isnt in a concrete jungle but four wheeling out in the countryside. As a fun vehicle it has no match, as a city vehicle it could use some modifications.

Favorite Features

4.0 litre engine very responsive glad I didnt get the 2.4 Fun to just drive, I like the handling. Feels strong, safe and looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Engine could be better suited for city use, at least in gas efficiency. Also seems to need smoother power when going over 55mph. Seems to idle suddenly higher and gives the impression it has a hard time.

The Best!
By lovemyjeepsofar

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler but, being in my late 40's, I thought it was a childish fantasy that I should finally put to bed. Then I came to my senses! It's fun, powerful, reliable (so far) and I can go anywhere in it. The 4WD-on-the-fly is easy and quite liberating. I'm short (4'11'') and to finally be able to see more than the back end of another car is one of the best features of this vehicle for me. Sturdiness and safety ratings are another huge plus. The awsome turning radius makes parking a complete breeze. And then there's the "Jeep Wave". It makes you feel at home wherever you are.

Favorite Features

Great power. Configuration flexibility. On and off-road stability. Height and weight.

Suggested Improvements

Power locks and auto-side-mirrors.

RUBICONROCKS!
By TAMU92

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

VERY FUN! VERY CAPABLE! NO OTHER 4X4 COMES CLOSE.(PERIOD)

Favorite Features

4 WHEEL DRIVE W/ FRONT/REAR LOCKERS INSTILL CONFIDENCE ON THE TRAIL.

Suggested Improvements

IMPROVED HEIGHT AND A 8-CYL. ENGINE WOULD BE EXCELLENT IMPROVEMENT. MAYBE EVEN THE OFFERING OF A DIESEL ENGINE WOULD BE NICE.