Used 2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

What was I waiting for??
By GVLVG

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After lusting after one for years I finally got myself a Wrangler. It's a convertible, an SUV a pick-up, an off roader, it does it all. If you want a perfect 2nd car and a week end fun machine, you could not ask for more.

Favorite Features

Convertible. 4 wheel drive. Utility and more fun than I've have with a car in years. Seats are surprisingly comfortable and offer more support lengthwise than most everyday cars.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy could be better, but it is a heavy vehicle.

Just For Fun
By 03 Wrangler SE

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After several months with my Jeep, I am very happy with my purchase. I only wish the weather would cooperate so I could leave my top off more often. For 2003, the seats were re- designed and they are much more comfortable than prior years. Total Fun in the Sun!

Favorite Features

A convertible top that is actually not too difficult to put up and down (for a Jeep). And its pretty quiet when up.

Suggested Improvements

More power. The four cylinder has a touch time on the highway, especially with the A/C running.

Fun, reliable and jugs down gas
By El Chamuquin

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Jeep is definetly a fun filled vehicle. It says "I have no boundaries and nothing to tie me down". If you want a fun car to drive this is it. But keep in mind that this is a brute that will go through some gas quick. With all the technology today you think they could make it a little more gas efficient. Have no doubts, this vehicle isnt made for paved roads, but for the outback. Its only true use isnt in a concrete jungle but four wheeling out in the countryside. As a fun vehicle it has no match, as a city vehicle it could use some modifications.

Favorite Features

4.0 litre engine very responsive glad I didnt get the 2.4 Fun to just drive, I like the handling. Feels strong, safe and looks great.

Suggested Improvements

Engine could be better suited for city use, at least in gas efficiency. Also seems to need smoother power when going over 55mph. Seems to idle suddenly higher and gives the impression it has a hard time.

The Best!
By lovemyjeepsofar

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a Jeep Wrangler but, being in my late 40's, I thought it was a childish fantasy that I should finally put to bed. Then I came to my senses! It's fun, powerful, reliable (so far) and I can go anywhere in it. The 4WD-on-the-fly is easy and quite liberating. I'm short (4'11'') and to finally be able to see more than the back end of another car is one of the best features of this vehicle for me. Sturdiness and safety ratings are another huge plus. The awsome turning radius makes parking a complete breeze. And then there's the "Jeep Wave". It makes you feel at home wherever you are.

Favorite Features

Great power. Configuration flexibility. On and off-road stability. Height and weight.

Suggested Improvements

Power locks and auto-side-mirrors.

RUBICONROCKS!
By TAMU92

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

VERY FUN! VERY CAPABLE! NO OTHER 4X4 COMES CLOSE.(PERIOD)

Favorite Features

4 WHEEL DRIVE W/ FRONT/REAR LOCKERS INSTILL CONFIDENCE ON THE TRAIL.

Suggested Improvements

IMPROVED HEIGHT AND A 8-CYL. ENGINE WOULD BE EXCELLENT IMPROVEMENT. MAYBE EVEN THE OFFERING OF A DIESEL ENGINE WOULD BE NICE.