2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Its a Jeep.
By Golf007 on 07/08/09 15:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the car new, and have used it primarily as a toy. It has been very reliable and has not required anything but normal maintenance. This is a great car for weekends and vacations, but I would not recommend it for everyday use. It is also great in poor weather conditions. The ride is not super comfortable, but that is expected for the type of vehicle. The hard-top is difficult to negotiate, and it becomes an ordeal to remove each season. The exterior metal is thin and dents easily, and the car burns gas at an alarming rate. I replaced the air filter with K and N, and that improved mileage about 2 MPG. All that said, I still love my Jeep.

I'm in Love! <3
By Nishbot on 12/15/08 15:23 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought a used 2003 Jeep, one-owner. Bought it with 36,000 miles on it. LOVE THIS SUV! Everywhere I go, it's great to drive in. Great ground clearance, great handling. Fuel economy is a problem (15mpg mixed). But wouldn't drive anything else! Love it! Really easy to work on!

money wasted
By sammyk on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The build quality of my new Jeep is simply horrific ! With less than 12,500 miles, it has been in the shop no less than 5 times !! The driving lights went out ( replaced whole harness ), the A/C quit working twice, the airbags quit working twice, engine stalled 4 times and the bumper-ette worked itself loose. The most annoying thing is the paint quality. With 3500 miles on it, bug juice removed 117 eraser sized chunks of paint on the grill !! The dealer ( 2 of them ) refused to declare it a warrenty item. Chrysler defered exclusively to the dealer. No other car I've ever had ( over 15, brand new ) ever had this prob.

leahsJeep
By DaytonConsumer on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

LOVE my Jeep - can't believe I waited so long to get one. You get the same adventure as a motorcycle only safer!! I think I'm a Jeep Wrangler lifer!

Eyago's Review
By Jamaica on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great Vehicle...Gotta punch it on the highway for passing or else your not getting much of a response, engine is weakest between 1200 and 1900 RPM's ...

Jeep #4
By SCHWIES on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this jeep for my wife, she really wanted this color, trim, etc. I could not talk her into a Rubicon, for the same price, although I really love my dad's new one. She is more about sound systems, fun, and comfort than capability. Hendrick was easy to deal with and she loves her new jeep!

16 years of jeeping and 5 jeeps later
By rubicontj on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving jeeps for 16 years, I used to drive and race motorcycles. A Jeep with it's roof and doors off is the closest thing to the sense of freedom I had. In the winter I look forward to hellish snow storms. It's simply a blast to drive! Overall, you have to love jeeps or you'll hate the ride, interior space, roof hastle (hard and soft)lack of fuel economy and other little quirks!! I'm getting ready for my 2004 jeep, rubicon or sahara? still debating, waiting to see whats new for 2004.ps. I'll probably continue driving jeeps as long as ...

I love my Jeep
By Rolinski on 06/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Sahara. Previosly I had a 1997. There are many noticeable improvements. The new interior with the high bucket seats, the sound system will blow you away! The interior lighting is a big improvement. So aside from being a little bumpy on the road and a noisey with the soft top on, its a fun to drive and easy to park. what else can I say? I love it!!

Jeep Thing
By chas0037 on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Each day I love my Jeep more than the previous. In a word...Incredible. There is NOTHING like a wrangler...NOTHING

By far the most fun to drive car ever.
By colorado1974 on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Every moment behind the wheel brings a smile to my face. Sure it's bouncy, noisy, windy and frumpy looking but nothing can match it's fun-to-drive factor.