Used 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Its a Jeep.
By Golf007

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the car new, and have used it primarily as a toy. It has been very reliable and has not required anything but normal maintenance. This is a great car for weekends and vacations, but I would not recommend it for everyday use. It is also great in poor weather conditions. The ride is not super comfortable, but that is expected for the type of vehicle. The hard-top is difficult to negotiate, and it becomes an ordeal to remove each season. The exterior metal is thin and dents easily, and the car burns gas at an alarming rate. I replaced the air filter with K and N, and that improved mileage about 2 MPG. All that said, I still love my Jeep.

Favorite Features

Taking the top down and jamming gears. This is a fun traveler for our mountain vacations. It handles great in poor weather conditions. This car can go almost anywhere. The car sits high, and seems very safe to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Both plastic doors cracked in the same spot on top. Fuel economy is poor. Manual transmission doesn't have enough power for a 4.0L V6 given the amount of fuel used. Starting to rust around the rear bumper.

I'm in Love! <3
By Nishbot

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought a used 2003 Jeep, one-owner. Bought it with 36,000 miles on it. LOVE THIS SUV! Everywhere I go, it's great to drive in. Great ground clearance, great handling. Fuel economy is a problem (15mpg mixed). But wouldn't drive anything else! Love it! Really easy to work on!

Favorite Features

Soft top, ground clearance, ruggedness, easy to work on, 4x4, handling, power,

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy, center console speaker needs to be upgraded.

money wasted
By sammyk

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The build quality of my new Jeep is simply horrific ! With less than 12,500 miles, it has been in the shop no less than 5 times !! The driving lights went out ( replaced whole harness ), the A/C quit working twice, the airbags quit working twice, engine stalled 4 times and the bumper-ette worked itself loose. The most annoying thing is the paint quality. With 3500 miles on it, bug juice removed 117 eraser sized chunks of paint on the grill !! The dealer ( 2 of them ) refused to declare it a warrenty item. Chrysler defered exclusively to the dealer. No other car I've ever had ( over 15, brand new ) ever had this prob.

Favorite Features

convertible fun, ease of manuevering

Suggested Improvements

Quality is horrible. I will never buy another Daimler-Chrysler vehicle again. Customer service is NON existent, they simply defer all issues to the dealer who is the final authority. Be warned, and expect problems.

leahsJeep
By DaytonConsumer

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

LOVE my Jeep - can't believe I waited so long to get one. You get the same adventure as a motorcycle only safer!! I think I'm a Jeep Wrangler lifer!

Favorite Features

Of course the Soft Top - absolutely fun and looks great!!

Suggested Improvements

Being a woman, I do not have the hand- strength needed to put the soft-top back on by myself.

Eyago's Review
By Jamaica

2003 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great Vehicle...Gotta punch it on the highway for passing or else your not getting much of a response, engine is weakest between 1200 and 1900 RPM's ...

Favorite Features

It's a jeep without a roof!! What else!

Suggested Improvements

SHOCKS!!