2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
You cant go wrong with a jeep
By JOHNNY on 06/10/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Jeep wrangler I had a 2001 sport and I loved it. Just when I thought Jeep couldn't get any better I bought the Jeep I've always wanted (well since 03) the Rubicon and I'm very impressed with its performance and capability.

Rubicon
By mattv on 06/25/08 23:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the Jeep back in January of 2007. It was not to a few little dings and soft top. I got it in Georgia and I dorve it to North Carolina and latter to Colorado. The thing gets about 18 to 20 mpg on the highway and 15 in town. Right now it has about 90,000 miles on it. The only problem I have had is the trakbar on the front axle. I have had to replace it twice but it happened within 5000 miles of each time it went out and the dealer replaced it free of charge the second time. The stock front bumper is a piece of junk also. I got a tube bumper that looks great and I am going to drive it back to North Carolina when I get back from my deployment.

Jeep Rubicon: 3 Years Later & Loving It!
By John on 05/09/06 13:03 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After 3 years of ownership and more than 35,000 miles of driving in every type of weather, terrain, on-and off-road condition, I have to say that the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon has impressed me as the best built and most capable Jeep that I've owned to date--this one makes Jeep #6. For a Jeep, the ride is comfortable and the seats allow greater adjustment over past models. The suspension is firm and well matched for both on road handling and off-road articulation. The hard top and soft top are both made well and equally quiet when driving at highway speeds. The sailcloth soft top is holding up much better than my previous soft tops from earlier TJ models. This one's a keeper!

BUY A RUBICON!
By SK on 04/04/06 22:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent truck, horrible on gas, easy to do work yourself, pulls large objects with ease (trees, vehicles stuck in mud). Eats gas though and be ready for frequent tire rotations. Also eats starters if you take it mudding.

Tomb Raider edition
By Frank on 01/20/06 17:51 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Happy with everything except disappointed with the engine performance. It seems that the engine will backfire on a downshift once and a while. The Jeep dealer told me that someone else was complaining about it and that it was bad gas. So I've tried different gas stations and It's still a problem. I suspect it's a fuel management issue and is normal for very long straight inline six design.The horsepower is lacking for the size of the six and how much gas mileage you get out of it. I bought the Jeep for the power but 4 cylinder cars passed me in the Rockies. Technologically It seems behind the times, related to engine performance. Need some R&D for a factory installed supercharger.

Unbelivable!
By JohnBoy1248 on 03/09/05 13:32 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Although this is my second Jeep Wrangler I still can not believe how capable this Jeep is! No matter what the weather or where you are this Rubicon has no problem taken you where you want to go. Classic Jeep interior and exterior lets you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. Interior comfort is not that of a BMW 7 series, but it it a Jeep it is built for functionality and fun. The most capable Jeep EVER built!

My Jeep Rubicon
By rubiconman on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My experience with the Jeep Rubicon has been excellent. The vehicle is built to last and handle even the harshest of conditions. I live in Maine, and my Jeep will take me anyplace I need to go, in any weather conditions. It's a fun year round vehicle, with a hard top for the cold winter months, and a convertible soft top for those summer cruises to the beach!

Great Jeep
By shobbs64 on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this Jeep for less than two months. It will make its own road in the snow (off road 12" deep up hill with ease), climbs hills with ease,it is awesome off road. It has all the extras that I wanted to put in my older Wrangler, Locking axles, great sound, Coil springs (awesome ride). Who needs an H2, When you could have this awesome Jeep Rubicon! It will go anywhere! With cash left over to buy a winch, trail rack etc.

For off road the best!!!
By firewind33 on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For on road fun to drive, for off road I have not found a better 4x4!!!

RUBICONROCKS!
By TAMU92 on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

VERY FUN! VERY CAPABLE! NO OTHER 4X4 COMES CLOSE.(PERIOD)