2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2003 Wrangler Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Sort Reviews by

Jeep 2003 is an awesome 4x4 convertible
By yepper

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm living in Alaska. Life is good in a Jeep. This vehicle has a soft top which makes it the perfect Alaskan convertible. I have had it for about 4 years now and have great experiences. Never stuck in the snow, never miss the sun, and it even tows my little trailer.

Favorite Features

soft top, handling, durability, ease of care, maneuverability, reasonably priced, I love how it will granny itself out of a slick spot without needing to feather the clutch

Suggested Improvements

fuel economy, not a fast car of the light but sure footed leaving a stop sign on an icy hill

Careful buying a Jeep they need to Fix!
By John

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler for a long time. Finally bought a used 2003 and after driving for approximately 20,000 miles I am now experiencing the "Death Wobble" If you haven't had this happen with your Jeep you will!!! No real cure from what I am reading. Have to say I would not recommend buying a Jeep to anyone. Trying to fix the” Death Wobble” in my Jeep so I can sale the rig.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Fix the Death Wobble!!!!!!!!

It's a Jeep Thing!!
By sandlizzard

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

In 1979 I purchased a '78 CJ5. I also purchased a 1944 willy that same year. I wish I still had both. My latest is a n '03 sport 4wd. I am still a jeepie at heart. I wish more of the jeepies' knew about the "jeep wave". Happy Jeeping!!

Favorite Features

Top down, radio up!!

Suggested Improvements

Duh!!

LOVIN IT!
By adam

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

There is nothing like driving a Jeep! The Sport is amazing! There are countless clubs and everyone in a Jeep is part of the family. I will never be without a Wrangler in my driveway for the rest of my life, for those of you who don't have one yet, it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand! ;)

Favorite Features

Ability to customize everything, looks, off-road capability, the family that comes only with a Wrangler

Suggested Improvements

Paint, very "squirrely" on the road, traction needs improved on, gas mileage, transmission knocks for some reason right out of factory and said it is normal. I am a mechanic and I don't know why it does that

Best Jeep yet
By raiderdave

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a '83 CJ7 that was bulletproof, and was great to drive. My '03 Jeep, is just as reliable and great to drive, with more comforts of my '83. The fuel economy isn't great, but if I wanted that, I would've bought a Toyota.

Favorite Features

The interior features and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Come with a 3-4" factory lift.

Can't wait!
By sailormom

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Posting this comment to those who might be shopping for a jeep also. Have wanted one since I was 16 and now I am 41--been driving and paying for a Honda Accord for the last 5 yrs and can't wait to trade for a loud, bumpy, "wind in my face" jeep! Might have to work a 2nd job to pay for the jeep's drinking problem, but you won't here me complaining when my husband, Aussie, and I go to N Ga camping and hiking. We are going to get dirty,have dog hair everywhere and a smile on our faces! Thanks for all the consumer reviews-helps a lot in my decision to trade the Honda to a whining jeep owner.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Don't buy one just to keep up w/your neighbors - it's a jeep thing!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY JEEP
By Laurie

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep - everything about it. Only thing that I have recently encountered is something called the "death wobble"... pretty scary, but I think we finally got it in order after replacing the track bar and steering stabilizer and found that there was 45 pounds of pressure in one tire and 36 in the other (was that way when I purchased it - unbeknownst to me). In any event, so far it is back to being "my baby".

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

To be able to finally conquer the death wobble.

I love my Jeep
By Tyler

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep Wrangler. I love the feel of driving it along with just being in it. It gives you a sense of power because you can sit above the rest of the traffic. I have modified mine to fit 36" tires with 6.5 inches of lift. It works wonders offroad.

Favorite Features

I love the offroad capability of my Jeep Wrangler.

Suggested Improvements

I think they should come out with a more offroad capable Wrangler. It should be like the Rubicon, but with more lift, more power, and 33" tires standard on 15x8" wheels. Also stronger axle shafts inside the axles.

Only in a Jeep
By Brian Smith

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first Jeep I have ever owned, and I can't believe I have never had one before now. The slogan, "only in a Jeep" is so true. I have been places in my factory Jeep that I would have never dreamed to take a vehicle. I love this thing. No issues with this at all.

Favorite Features

Hard top/soft top. 4X4.

Suggested Improvements

Little better gas mileage.

yeaaaajeep!
By jeepfan

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just passed 30000 miles on my 03 Wrangler. Trouble free. Says alot because I have owned 2 Accords. It is lousy on gas but, it really makes up for it while your driving it. In 4WD snow is not even a minor inconvenience. Owning a Jeep puts you in your own class. No need to compete with someone else on what kind of car you drive. You drive a Jeep, enough said. Taking the rear seats out allows you to store enough for long trips or vacations. Summer is good with the top down, but, driving in the Fall is even better. On long drives its no Lexus but, if you wanted that ride you may want to get a Lexus. You'll be amazed how quick you get used to roll up windows!

Favorite Features

Design, aftermarket accessories, ability in the snow, it's a convertible.

Suggested Improvements

The usual - gas mileage.