2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Jeep 2003 is an awesome 4x4 convertible
By yepper on 07/11/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm living in Alaska. Life is good in a Jeep. This vehicle has a soft top which makes it the perfect Alaskan convertible. I have had it for about 4 years now and have great experiences. Never stuck in the snow, never miss the sun, and it even tows my little trailer.

Careful buying a Jeep they need to Fix!
By John on 11/13/09 09:28 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler for a long time. Finally bought a used 2003 and after driving for approximately 20,000 miles I am now experiencing the "Death Wobble" If you haven't had this happen with your Jeep you will!!! No real cure from what I am reading. Have to say I would not recommend buying a Jeep to anyone. Trying to fix the” Death Wobble” in my Jeep so I can sale the rig.

It's a Jeep Thing!!
By sandlizzard on 06/10/09 16:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

In 1979 I purchased a '78 CJ5. I also purchased a 1944 willy that same year. I wish I still had both. My latest is a n '03 sport 4wd. I am still a jeepie at heart. I wish more of the jeepies' knew about the "jeep wave". Happy Jeeping!!

LOVIN IT!
By adam on 11/03/08 18:40 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

There is nothing like driving a Jeep! The Sport is amazing! There are countless clubs and everyone in a Jeep is part of the family. I will never be without a Wrangler in my driveway for the rest of my life, for those of you who don't have one yet, it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand! ;)

Best Jeep yet
By raiderdave on 04/02/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a '83 CJ7 that was bulletproof, and was great to drive. My '03 Jeep, is just as reliable and great to drive, with more comforts of my '83. The fuel economy isn't great, but if I wanted that, I would've bought a Toyota.

Can't wait!
By sailormom on 03/14/08 04:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Posting this comment to those who might be shopping for a jeep also. Have wanted one since I was 16 and now I am 41--been driving and paying for a Honda Accord for the last 5 yrs and can't wait to trade for a loud, bumpy, "wind in my face" jeep! Might have to work a 2nd job to pay for the jeep's drinking problem, but you won't here me complaining when my husband, Aussie, and I go to N Ga camping and hiking. We are going to get dirty,have dog hair everywhere and a smile on our faces! Thanks for all the consumer reviews-helps a lot in my decision to trade the Honda to a whining jeep owner.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY JEEP
By Laurie on 07/26/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep - everything about it. Only thing that I have recently encountered is something called the "death wobble"... pretty scary, but I think we finally got it in order after replacing the track bar and steering stabilizer and found that there was 45 pounds of pressure in one tire and 36 in the other (was that way when I purchased it - unbeknownst to me). In any event, so far it is back to being "my baby".

I love my Jeep
By Tyler on 01/31/06 13:27 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep Wrangler. I love the feel of driving it along with just being in it. It gives you a sense of power because you can sit above the rest of the traffic. I have modified mine to fit 36" tires with 6.5 inches of lift. It works wonders offroad.

Only in a Jeep
By Brian Smith on 11/30/05 13:19 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first Jeep I have ever owned, and I can't believe I have never had one before now. The slogan, "only in a Jeep" is so true. I have been places in my factory Jeep that I would have never dreamed to take a vehicle. I love this thing. No issues with this at all.

yeaaaajeep!
By jeepfan on 03/04/05 00:18 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just passed 30000 miles on my 03 Wrangler. Trouble free. Says alot because I have owned 2 Accords. It is lousy on gas but, it really makes up for it while your driving it. In 4WD snow is not even a minor inconvenience. Owning a Jeep puts you in your own class. No need to compete with someone else on what kind of car you drive. You drive a Jeep, enough said. Taking the rear seats out allows you to store enough for long trips or vacations. Summer is good with the top down, but, driving in the Fall is even better. On long drives its no Lexus but, if you wanted that ride you may want to get a Lexus. You'll be amazed how quick you get used to roll up windows!