2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
"Is not for you"!
By rmazzio on 12/26/04 15:18 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third wrangler and my fourth jeep vehicle and i've had no problems with any of them..If you get hung up about getting dirt,dog hair,lots of water,beach sand, or dirty kids than this vehicle is not for you.The ride is rough -deal with it!You can count on one hand the things you can do with other vehicles as opposed to a jeep wrangler-stop crying and go buy a honda.

Gently Used
By teflonjpr on 12/23/04 12:34 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased it gently used with 31x10.5 tires already installed. Rides a lot better than the '97 I had previously driven. 2.4L has better horsepower than older models. Transmission and clutch operate very smoothly. Can hear some clunking into gear, and very stiff in the single digit temps of Iowa winter. High back seats are comfortable for long drives, but don't expect to get much above 65mph with the 4 cyl. Looking forward to spring off-roading.

My New Jeep
By doober on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The SE model with 2.4L I-4 engine is underpowered and uses a lot of gas for an I-4. The engine seems rev happy for an offroad engine. Gearing is awesome in the 5 speed transmission, although 3rd gear could stand to be a bit lower and closer to 2nd's ratio. Highway sppeds in excess of 65mph are hard to reach even on a flat surface during a calm dry day. Design, both interior and exterior, is classic bare basics Jeep. Overall a great car if you are into Jeeps.

tom'd used jeep purchase review
By trtrudey16 on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

These cars are a "gas" to drive. You want to throw on aflannel shirt and your hiking boots and head for a field. The other people who drive them wave to you so you feel as if you are part of some "club". I'm not certain if its a vehicle or a "lifestyle". I love it so far.

Fun in a Jeep!
By c.ramsey on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Most fun you can have with your clothes on (well that is oppional).

They just keep getting better
By Jeepinspence on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The owner of two previous Wrangler models a 99 and 01 I was ready to price a brand new 2003 Wrangler. I truly enjoyed both of my previous Jeeps ,but, each lacked something that I needed to drive for a long time to come. Now in 2003 Jeep stuffed the venerable 2.4L and 42RLE 4spd auto. This combo gains a net of almost 30HP, and an extra OD gear for the tranny. This combo not only really bring the little "cheap Jeep" option to life ,but, seems to have helped considerably in the economy dept as well. 1200mi since purchase and I have managed 19MPG in mixed driving. My 2001 by comparison was lucky to break 14mpg.

Jeep Quality
By audiofetish on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Hey all, ive had my jeep since 2000 its a beauty. they have turning capabilities that of no other! she handles better in the mountain turns than my jetta! JEEP OWNERS ROCK!!

Samis review
By Sami on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car!!!!!!!!!!

What the Doctor Ordered
By Jeep Thing on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My week old Wrangler is the best move this over-worked man has ever made. 2.4L is adequate, better than other 4 cyl I have owned, 5 speed is easy to shift, the hyd clutch is a piece of cake to work, good for beginners. Wish I had the full doors with window, it would make cool mornings better. It is truly relaxing to drive. Soft top is not that bad, 10 mins tops to do it right. I will always own a Wrangler from this point on. It's a Jeep Thing!!

SPORTY SENIOR
By yellowranglr on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE BEEN SO PLEASED WITH THE COMPLETE VEHICLE THAT I JUST WENT OUT AND ORDERED A NEW 2004 EXACTLY LIKE MY 2000. I WENT IN TO ORDER A NEW VEHICLE WASN'T SURE WHAT I WANTED, SALESMAN ASKED ME HOW I LIKED MY PRESENT VEHICLE, I TOLD HIM IT DID EVERYTHING I WANTED IN A LEASURE TYPE VEHICLE. HE ASKED ME IF THERE WAS ANYTHING I WOULD CHANGE. THE MORE I THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT I WOULD BE GIVING UP IN ANY OTHER VEHICLE I MIGHT BUY LED ME TO ORDER A NEW WRANGLER JUST LIKE THE ONE I WAS TURNING IN. MY WIFE AND I ARE JUST APPROACHING RETIREMENT AGE BUT STILL LOOK FORWARD TO THE 900PLUS MILE TRIPS WE HAVE TAKEN AND WILL BE TAKING IN OUR JEEP.