2003 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Not for the faint of heart.
By madmanstan on 08/11/12 03:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you plan on driving on the road all the time and you are very young, maybe this vehicl will do, but it has average gas mileage to be expected from an american SUV and its a rough ride in town. That said if you have time to actually use your jeep for offroading and trail running the jeep wrangler is excellent. I cant imagine trying to take a scion up some of the places I have gone in this jeep, and the soft top and removeable doors are always off. Great to drive at night in the summer here and the improved coilspring suspension is a step up from the older leafspring. Still stiff though, so like I say, its not for the faint of heart.

Jeep 2003 is an awesome 4x4 convertible
By yepper on 07/11/10 12:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm living in Alaska. Life is good in a Jeep. This vehicle has a soft top which makes it the perfect Alaskan convertible. I have had it for about 4 years now and have great experiences. Never stuck in the snow, never miss the sun, and it even tows my little trailer.

Great Year for a Wrangler!
By Krakenbound on 03/07/10 15:40 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a used Wrangler to use as both a daily driver and a weekend trail runner, the 2003 year is a very good choice. This year saw the intro of the new 4 speed automatic transmission, making freeway driving easier. It had already seen a engine upgrade in 2001, and also now has the option for rear disk brakes (faster stopping, better feel and much easier to repair). Aside from the later Unlimited body extension option and the Rubicon off road package that became available in 2004 (and together in 2005), there is no better Wrangler to consider than a 2003 (Unless you want a fat/wide 2007+, which can't get though some desert canyons I wheel in!)

Careful buying a Jeep they need to Fix!
By John on 11/13/09 09:28 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler for a long time. Finally bought a used 2003 and after driving for approximately 20,000 miles I am now experiencing the "Death Wobble" If you haven't had this happen with your Jeep you will!!! No real cure from what I am reading. Have to say I would not recommend buying a Jeep to anyone. Trying to fix the” Death Wobble” in my Jeep so I can sale the rig.

Its a Jeep.
By Golf007 on 07/08/09 15:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased the car new, and have used it primarily as a toy. It has been very reliable and has not required anything but normal maintenance. This is a great car for weekends and vacations, but I would not recommend it for everyday use. It is also great in poor weather conditions. The ride is not super comfortable, but that is expected for the type of vehicle. The hard-top is difficult to negotiate, and it becomes an ordeal to remove each season. The exterior metal is thin and dents easily, and the car burns gas at an alarming rate. I replaced the air filter with K and N, and that improved mileage about 2 MPG. All that said, I still love my Jeep.

It's a Jeep Thing!!
By sandlizzard on 06/10/09 16:31 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

In 1979 I purchased a '78 CJ5. I also purchased a 1944 willy that same year. I wish I still had both. My latest is a n '03 sport 4wd. I am still a jeepie at heart. I wish more of the jeepies' knew about the "jeep wave". Happy Jeeping!!

You cant go wrong with a jeep
By JOHNNY on 06/10/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Jeep wrangler I had a 2001 sport and I loved it. Just when I thought Jeep couldn't get any better I bought the Jeep I've always wanted (well since 03) the Rubicon and I'm very impressed with its performance and capability.

I'm in Love! <3
By Nishbot on 12/15/08 15:23 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Just bought a used 2003 Jeep, one-owner. Bought it with 36,000 miles on it. LOVE THIS SUV! Everywhere I go, it's great to drive in. Great ground clearance, great handling. Fuel economy is a problem (15mpg mixed). But wouldn't drive anything else! Love it! Really easy to work on!

LOVIN IT!
By adam on 11/03/08 18:40 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

There is nothing like driving a Jeep! The Sport is amazing! There are countless clubs and everyone in a Jeep is part of the family. I will never be without a Wrangler in my driveway for the rest of my life, for those of you who don't have one yet, it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand! ;)

Rubicon
By mattv on 06/25/08 23:05 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the Jeep back in January of 2007. It was not to a few little dings and soft top. I got it in Georgia and I dorve it to North Carolina and latter to Colorado. The thing gets about 18 to 20 mpg on the highway and 15 in town. Right now it has about 90,000 miles on it. The only problem I have had is the trakbar on the front axle. I have had to replace it twice but it happened within 5000 miles of each time it went out and the dealer replaced it free of charge the second time. The stock front bumper is a piece of junk also. I got a tube bumper that looks great and I am going to drive it back to North Carolina when I get back from my deployment.