2002 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: Perfect Description

2002 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Review

Sport Convertible SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Perfect Description
By TP on

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Yes the exterior mirrors' paint comes off, yes the plastic windows scratch, yes the gas mileage is crummy, yes the interior is cheap, yes the sound system is inferior, yes the ride is bumpy, yes the tires clamshell, yes the softop is a pain, yes you need two people to change back the hardtop, yes the cargo room is small, and yes, I have bought two Jeeps in a row, because the driving experience is something to look forward to every time you get into it, from the day you buy it to your last day with it. Open air driving is incredible. Not worrying about every tiny imperfection, getting a little dog hair in it - priceless. It's stress free driving. Every time.

Open air in the summer. 4 wheel in the winter. Make sure you get it with cruise control. Removable back seat. (I tote 2 labs daily). Getting the Jeep Wave (from every other passing Jeep). My kids love it. My kids friends love it. It's a toy that I can tow my other toys with.

The only thing I would like Jeep to investigate is if they can somehow improve the gas mileage with changes to the engine, without changing the performance.