Just plain fun
By robert on
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
First let me say that I am 58 years old and always wanted a jeep, but life got in the way. I am a pilot and marine captain. I own a beemer 5 series, an F150, and 2 Ford Focus. So if I want to haul, I take the f150, if I am going on road trip, it's the beemer, if I want to conserve fuel, it's one of the focuses. But if I want to have fun, it's the jeep. Bought it used and I had to replace the starter, the battery, and a few bulbs, but it's 6 years old. The ride is not as bad as I thought it would be. But, folks this thing is too much fun, you will find excuses to go somewhere. I can be heard saying, honey we need something from the store? Get one, the fun factor is worth it all.
Favorite Features
It will go in the bad weather and it's a convertible in the summer. It's just a blast to drive. Love the high ride and turning ratio, if you need to park, nothing better, maybe a motorcycle. Didn't mess with the top yet.
Suggested Improvements
Only issue is gas mileage, but if your worried about that buy a hybrid. A jeep is about fun and fun costs money.