American Classic
By UncleMark on
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I'm in Colorado. Guess what, the 3 speed auto on my 2002 Sahara does a better job than I can on our inclined "roads." I'm very tall and though the comfort level is far better for me than I thought it would be, it's no car. Gas mileage is actually good for hauling around that heavy transfer case all the time. Excellent seat comfort and support. Impressive fit, finish, build quality. Bad: lousy soft-top, but I run around in a safari or bikini and don't use it; hardtop when it's on is DELUXE. Outstanding air/heat (no wonder Mercedes uses the same). There are years of off-road features and refinement in the design of this outstanding vehicle. You should buy one before the 4.0L is gone.
Favorite Features
Superb off-road handling and unsurpassed steering quality, and a better-than-average interstate traveler. Great air/heat, sound system, seat comfort, build quality, fit and finish. Removable good quality carpets, easy servicing for mechanic.
Suggested Improvements
Terrible soft top; it broke apart when I first lowered it; haven't used it since because I'm almost always in open air in good weather. Soft tops have always been a problem for Wrangler. If there's a downpour, I throw a tarp over it: low-tech but it works.