Used 2002 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Wrangler---It IS What It Is
By Carboy

2002 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After looking at Jeeps for years...I finally purchased a 2002 X six cyl with auto transmission. It is a fun car to drive and rides very well. I have 27,000 on the car without a problem. Two areas to be aware of: 1. The part time four wheel drive can not be used on dry or wet pavement. It is not an all wheel drive vehicle. Goiod for off road or in snow only. 2. Wranglers depreciate more quickly than anything I have owned. Paid about $21K and Edmunds says it is now worth about $12K. Ugh!!

Favorite Features

Looks, off road ability.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is dismal. Expect about 14-15 around town and no more than 20 on flat road w/o AC on.

old faithful
By jimped

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

very satisfied with this vehicle for the price fairly solid and well made tested this vehicle to the max on and off road and was happy to say it held its own the outside body could have a little more strength, sides could be reinforced

Favorite Features

4 wheeel drive large tire option tinted soft top windows heavy steel bumpers

Suggested Improvements

heavy side panels more bottom protection options GPS raidio less costly

will always have one
By dzeppfan77

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Wrangler has been everything I expected and more. It's one of the funnest vehicles I have ever driven. It will take you just about anywhere you want to go. Jeep has been around since the 1940's so you know they are doing something right. You have to get a Jeep Wrangler.

Favorite Features

styling, off-road capabilities, ruggedness, jeep heritage.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage(that is expected though), nothing much wrong with this ride

FANTASTIC
By jacked up

2002 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I own a 2003 Wrangler X. I've added 35" tires, 3inch body and 2inch suspension lift. This is the most fun I have even had driving. I'm barely getting 13.7mpg though. I wish I had gotten one sooner, this is the coolest ride ever!

Favorite Features

Best of all I like the timeless shape, I never need worry that they body style is going to change and leave me with an outdated style.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like better fuel economy of course, also would like a little more pep at high speeds...I'm a 5th gear driver...but with this one..I'm stuff riding around mostly in 4th to maintain speeds on the highway.

After all, there is only one.....
By jmiron1

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It seems to me that this vehicle is either loved or hated for the same reasons. So either you get it or you don't. All I can say is the only people I see waving to each other as they pass on the road are Jeep owners and Harley riders. Not bad company in my book. Just own one and you'll understand.

Favorite Features

Putting the top down and cruising to your favorite CD on some back country road. OR passing people stuck in mud/ice/water/whatever..... unless they're fellow Jeep owners, of course.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mpg, or at least the ability to buy a model with a V8. If we're gonna get gouged at the pump, might as well have a little fun.