Used 2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Best car I've ever had
By witchspawn

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had everything from a mustang to firebird and back to a chevy pick up. This has been more fun than all of them together. I drive to the mountains a lot and often pass 4 runners that are stuck in the snow. The performance of this thing is more than I ever expected and has been a very good experience.

4 wheel drive that can climb over anything! Small enough to park anywhere and easy to do it.

Jeep
By CTeta

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The only problem was a rear axle seal leak that my mechanic brother found during inspection.Dealer said it needed the bearing to be reseeded. One year later when I had it in for inspection and the leak was still there. I took it back to the dealer AGAIN hopefully the work was done right this time.

Fun to drive

So good, So far
By Chris92307

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This has been my first new vehicle purchased that did not have a warranty issue within the first 30 days. I have actually had none after 35000 miles. I wish I got the power of the gas the gas used but this thing is supposed to be off road. Even with the stock "tires" I was not scared to take it off road. Now that I put bigger tires on I can better a lot of dirt bikes when it comes to hills. This is the best vehicle I have owned and would reccomend it to anyone who wants to go off road.

Transmission, Transfer Case, Top, Heater

Vinyl floor coverings, less A/C condensation, better high speed gearing

Jeep Wrangler owner
By sjmaderia

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is 2nd wrangler that I ahve owned. I never should have sold my old 92 wrangler. This is a great car with could ride and handling characteristics. provided you are not expecting sports car handling or luxury car ride. It is bumpy and loud. You get good mileage if you stay around 72 mph. Faster and gas gauge drops much faster. There is no possibility of using a cellular phone at any speed above 20mph with top down. Top up increases that speed to about 40.

Capabilities of factory 4 wheel drive system. Convertible top.

Old 87-95 wrangler top allowed the storage of side windows and rear windows inside the vehicle out of harms way. New design does not allow that feature, also parking in garage with an electronic opener prevents putting the top up inside the garage.

X-Factor: Why I love my Jeep!
By Zak's Dad

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had my X for 1.5 yrs now, and still love the bugger! It is fast, nimble, goes over any obstacle, and parks like a Geo! A Tonka Toy that I drive every day, it is most high on the grin factor. Must haves: full steel doors, with real windows, premium sound, good sunglasses for top-down enjoyment! I have the 3.73 gearing option, and it launches like a jackrabbit. Only thing I wish I'd gotten was ABS. This is the best convertible/truck/toy/go- anywhere vehicle ever! I've owned musclecars, foreign sports cars, trucks, and various other vehicles, but nothing has turned my crank like this Jeep. I fall in love all over again every single day!

Laughing at the other drivers in 4WD station wagons that they call "SUV's." Wind in your hair & sun in your eyes. Timeless cool factor - chicks dig a guy in a nice Jeep! Easy to drive & park. Agility.

Improved mileage (of course!), easier to operate top, better noise isolation with top up, little more driver legroom to go with the headroom. Stock auxiliary driving lights. More cargo space, but where would you put it? Perhaps an updated CJ-8 Scrambler? :)