2002 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Almost Perfect
By Flinger on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Wrangler Sport is a great addition to any household. It's fun to drive and very comfortable. It even keeps the old Jeep attitude with its "rough" and "tough" ride.

Dream Come True
By robbill on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Off road atr Camp Jeep etc., commuting to work, everyday run about and three month round USA trip. All great

Not bad but could much better
By mrroofer on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of my Play toys, and does what needs to do. But my first new Jeep (CJ-5) I bought in 79 was better because of the 304 V-8 power. I get the same MPG it did, at about 15- 17 mpg

I'm a happy camper
By toad on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love it and intend to keep it for quite a while. It is not a sports car or a luxury car, but it is a real fun car. It suits me just fine as far as comfort goes. This is my second Wrangler.

Porpoise in Jeep's clothing
By Dave S. on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Was originally looking for cheapest, most reliable convertible top vehicle, and like many, I was hooked upon the first test drive. You feel every bump, but it's in character, and I love every minute of it. That is, until you have to panic stop on the freeway, or stop at anything over 40 mph or so; this thing goes into a very unsettling continous front-to-rear hop, while diving noticeably to one side. Mileage is nothing short of pathetic, but again, in character (amazing, considering it's not carbed!!). For those who definitely appreciate simplicity with a touch of attitude and allure.

Still great after all these years
By MacIosaig on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second wrangler and they just keep getting better. The Wrangler speaks for itself. If your serious about off-roading, wait for the 2003 Wrangler Rubicon.

Expectations meet
By royboy on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I live in Southern California with an active family. We enjoy hiking, the outdoors, and getting off-road responsibly. I wanted a fun, outdoor- enabled, short commute vehicle. After much searching I decided the ‘X’ was the perfect vehicle for us. I looked at other SUV’s (the Suzuki Vitara/Tracker, Nissan Xterra, & Isuzu Rodeo) and even other AWD cars (Subaru Impreza WRX & Forester). Wranglers have a healthy aftermarket products community, simple utilitarian style, and are just plain fun to drive. Yes, they are less fuel efficient and comfortable than a car but I knew that coming in and have no regrets. We’ve had “the bee” (its yellow) for 7 months and look forward to many more.

Jeeps ugly dog.
By jerry on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Wrangler is like an ugly dog...you laugh at them until you live with one for a while. After a while you just love to spend time with them.

I'm a new believer in Jeep!
By sasman on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler for years as a second car. I found myself looking for a new vehicle after my overseas assignment and went ahead and purchased a Jeep Wrangler Sport to stay in tune with my new "back to basics" kind of mode I was in. All I have to say is "wow". This is an incredibly fun car/SUV to own and drive. It makes you feel like you can go anywhere...safely. Looking to go to the upcoming Jeep Jamboree this summer to try it out. I'm a proud Jeep owner now.

Great underrated vehicle!
By cpsteam on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my jeep for just a few months and it has been more fun than my wildest expecations. I ordered it from the factory and still got it close to 500 under invoice. I have alot of MOPAR and aftermarket options including BFG AT KO 31 inch tires on the canyon rims (A GREAT COMBO.) These tire work great in the desert. Only slight negatives is that it can be a little loud above 70 on the highway with high local winds, and a little bit to handle do to the high profile. Basically, unless you need to move alot of people or cargo..........the TJ is an OUTSTANDING vehicle and a really great value.