2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
It's a Jeeper's Review
By Colorado Brad on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I read another review - a lady said it "flips" so I got rid of it. Uh, perhaps drivers ed. would be in order, ma'am. My Jeep is a superior performer - remember what Jeeps are built to do. Off-road. My TJ is unmatched in off- road performance and has been totally reliable.

The Best Car Ever
By this car stinks on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Jeep brand is already the best type of car available, but the new TJ takes the cake. It is perfect in every catagory exept fuel economy, but hey, it is an SUV right? I hate all that Honda and Toyota SUV crap because its not real. That goes for pretty much every other SUV on the market as well. It is freeing to drive with the top down and music from the soundbar, almost like a religious experiance exept better. This thing cannot be beat. It is the best offroad vehicle in the world. Dont be fooled any imitations, get a Jeep.

It's a Jeep thing!
By Matthew J on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Wrangler X gives you the chance to purchase a 6 cyl soft top for about 2 grand less than it's sibling, Sport. You can specifically choose the extras that are important to you without being forced to take delivery on a vehicle with extras you don't want or need. Wrangler is no doubt a fun vehicle to drive. You can get anywhere and highway driving isn't too bad. If you've always wanted a Jeep...take the plunge...it's worth it!

UAV - Urban Assult Vehicle
By 97JeepTJ on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Five years and 62,000 miles and I still look forward to going - anywhere. 20 mpg new and still does it. 3.55 trac lock Dana. Feels like the old VW except it weighs twice as much and has 5 times the HP and A/C! Noise? I can't hear the noise. One recall for fuel sending unit. Had oil pressure sensor fail, replaced driver air bag and steering wheel both cosmetic, all covered by Jeep.

My Wrangler is so much Fun!
By coons10 on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a few weeks now and I am having a blast! It took about 3 or 4 days to get used to taking the soft top on and off, but I'm getting much better at it and it takes considerably less time now. It rides better than you would expect. it's no luxury sedan or anything, but it's not a kidney buster either.

Best vehicle so far!
By CliffB on 07/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

After the first test drive I was hooked. I had always liked the Wrangler but in the past I always needed a more practical vehicle. The Wrangler is not all that practical but it is fun. There is nothing like driving the Jeep with the top down on warm sunny days. Other Wrangler owners wave and everybody else is envious. The soft top takes some practice but mastering it comes quickly. The upgraded stereo is powerful enough to use on the highway with the top down. The short wheelbase and tight steering radus makes manuvering in tight spots a breeze. The gas milage could be better but that dosen't seem to matter so much when the top is down.

Dam
By ret on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is one of the coolest SUV out there. It even has a removeable top.

Not Bad
By My second wrangler on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for something fun to drive with high versatility this is the vehicle. If you want a quiet reliable ride buy a foreign car. My previous '99 Wrangler had 20K miles, the electrical system had a short, the hard top was cracking. I traded that in for a Toyota Tacoma truck. The truck was built extremely well, but it's still a truck. I traded the truck for a '01 Wrangler (currently with 19K miles). I just received my second recall notice, the main seal has failed (replaced after three trips to the dealer), the throwout bearings are making noise, and it shakes at 70 mph. Despite all this its very fun to drive and can go anywhere.

My Red Jeep
By elvjeep on 06/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

To me, It,s important to have a vehicle that will preform in all types of weather...My jeep does this. To have a body style thats old fashion but not old, practicle with strong features.I can hardly identify all the new cars on the road today...but you know a jeep when you see one. I will buy another unless they radically change.[I,m 62 yrs old and I love my jeep]

I love my new Jeep
By dlivr8r on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

There are only a few things I'd add to the Jeep -- see suggestions below -- and nothing I would truly alter. The Wrangler is doggedly reliable, endlessly versatile, and the most fun you can have with your clothes on. At least the Jeep can go topless if you can't.