2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Soccer moms need not apply
By LarryH on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my jeep for over 2 years now, and I love it. It truly is a legendary vehicle. It is a fun to drive vehicle, and with the top and doors off, it's open driving rivaling a motorcycle. Although there are an infinite amount of aftermarket mods available, I encourage any owner to try the stock vehicle's off road ability. I have, and it is an amazing off road vehicle.

Wrangler Wreck
By frosty1 on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Our Wrangler was crashed into the back of a van at 35mph, the airbags did not deploy, the seat belt did not retract and our daughter broke her nose on the windshiel, $9500 damage. We have found other related airbag incidents in similar Jeeps, Chrysler investigated for 3 months and determined "the impact, which did not involve the frame, did not create the longitudinal deceleration to deploy the airbags." This care will not protect you.

Fun Fun Fun
By Julia Rhodes on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I was a little girl I wanted a Jeep, actually a CJ-7. When I turned 20 I bought my Wrangler and I love it. I can't wait until the summer time so I can get that top off!

Great ride
By Moondogs on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my jeep for two years and love it. It's best for around town and especially with the bikini top on in summer. Always a fun, reliable ride. I've taken it on a couple of all day trips and don't recommend it. Lots of wind noise; I drive my corvette on any long trips now. 13,000 miles and everything is perfect.

Kicks ass, no questions
By gotfungu on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Reliable, goes anywhere, 19mpg with a 4.0l engine... what else do you want? Did I mention babe magnet?

Best car I've ever had
By witchspawn on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had everything from a mustang to firebird and back to a chevy pick up. This has been more fun than all of them together. I drive to the mountains a lot and often pass 4 runners that are stuck in the snow. The performance of this thing is more than I ever expected and has been a very good experience.

Jeep
By CTeta on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The only problem was a rear axle seal leak that my mechanic brother found during inspection.Dealer said it needed the bearing to be reseeded. One year later when I had it in for inspection and the leak was still there. I took it back to the dealer AGAIN hopefully the work was done right this time.

So good, So far
By Chris92307 on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This has been my first new vehicle purchased that did not have a warranty issue within the first 30 days. I have actually had none after 35000 miles. I wish I got the power of the gas the gas used but this thing is supposed to be off road. Even with the stock "tires" I was not scared to take it off road. Now that I put bigger tires on I can better a lot of dirt bikes when it comes to hills. This is the best vehicle I have owned and would reccomend it to anyone who wants to go off road.

Jeep Wrangler owner
By sjmaderia on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is 2nd wrangler that I ahve owned. I never should have sold my old 92 wrangler. This is a great car with could ride and handling characteristics. provided you are not expecting sports car handling or luxury car ride. It is bumpy and loud. You get good mileage if you stay around 72 mph. Faster and gas gauge drops much faster. There is no possibility of using a cellular phone at any speed above 20mph with top down. Top up increases that speed to about 40.

X-Factor: Why I love my Jeep!
By Zak's Dad on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had my X for 1.5 yrs now, and still love the bugger! It is fast, nimble, goes over any obstacle, and parks like a Geo! A Tonka Toy that I drive every day, it is most high on the grin factor. Must haves: full steel doors, with real windows, premium sound, good sunglasses for top-down enjoyment! I have the 3.73 gearing option, and it launches like a jackrabbit. Only thing I wish I'd gotten was ABS. This is the best convertible/truck/toy/go- anywhere vehicle ever! I've owned musclecars, foreign sports cars, trucks, and various other vehicles, but nothing has turned my crank like this Jeep. I fall in love all over again every single day!