2002 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
It's a Jeep!
By Marco on 10/15/07 01:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I went from a Jeep Cherokee to a Wrangler. Wow what a difference. The Cherokee was bigger but lighter than the Wrangler (because of the unibody) The Cherokee was quicker but not nearly as fun to drive. The paint is horrible. It's so peeley but overall it's built well. The 4.0 is a very very solid motor. Other than a cracked exhaust manifold, there is no problems. Sadly this will be my last Jeep. The 4.0 is no longer made

Jeep Wave
By VC on 10/07/07 19:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Picked up my 02 Wrangler (4.0L 5-speed) earlier this year. Had about 95k when I bought it and is creeping upon 110k now. This is my first Jeep and I am really surprised how much I enjoy driving it. I also have a 4x4 Ford F150, Dodge Viper RT/10 convertible, and a motorcycle, but I find myself driving the Wrangler most often because it offers a little bit of everything I want in one versatile package.

What Fun
By Jim Simmons on 09/02/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Sahara is undisputed among the 4 wheel drives. It is one of the funnist vehicles I've ever driven. It handles sand, mud, dirt and rock like no other vehicle. One downfall to it is the gas mileage, the the power of the 4 litre motor makes up for the poor mileage.

My Jeep
By Jim on 08/25/07 04:17 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun vehicle to drive, is excellent in the mud or sand. Handles well off road and living in Florida, I ride with the top down 80 percent of the year. One of the best things about a Jeep, is I can pretty much go anywhere I like without worries of getting stuck.

It's a Jeep Thing. . .
By CJ's TJ on 09/19/06 20:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Before I bought my '02 Wrangler Sport, I used to see the slogan "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand." Since owning it I do understand. Nothing compares to going off-road, climbing over hills and rocks, plowing through water or mud that is fender high, just to commune with Mother Nature. One thing I will say, the more you want to play, the more you pay. The acronym fits JEEP - Just Empty Every Pocket, but it's been worth every penny.

Perfect Description
By TP on 09/12/06 06:07 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Yes the exterior mirrors' paint comes off, yes the plastic windows scratch, yes the gas mileage is crummy, yes the interior is cheap, yes the sound system is inferior, yes the ride is bumpy, yes the tires clamshell, yes the softop is a pain, yes you need two people to change back the hardtop, yes the cargo room is small, and yes, I have bought two Jeeps in a row, because the driving experience is something to look forward to every time you get into it, from the day you buy it to your last day with it. Open air driving is incredible. Not worrying about every tiny imperfection, getting a little dog hair in it - priceless. It's stress free driving. Every time.

Jeep Wrangler
By crrazy1 on 08/05/06 05:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive all summer with the top down. In the winter there is no stopping you. Aside from a little bumpy ride and not the greatest gas mileage this vehicle is GREAT!

TOO MUCH FUN
By P.T. on 07/26/06 13:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2002 black Jeep Wrangler X in 2005. After 10,000 miles of pure fun, no problems at all. Take the top off in the summer and cruise down by the beach. In the winter go and rescue other drivers including over confident TRUCK drivers. No complaints.

American Classic
By UncleMark on 06/06/06 15:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm in Colorado. Guess what, the 3 speed auto on my 2002 Sahara does a better job than I can on our inclined "roads." I'm very tall and though the comfort level is far better for me than I thought it would be, it's no car. Gas mileage is actually good for hauling around that heavy transfer case all the time. Excellent seat comfort and support. Impressive fit, finish, build quality. Bad: lousy soft-top, but I run around in a safari or bikini and don't use it; hardtop when it's on is DELUXE. Outstanding air/heat (no wonder Mercedes uses the same). There are years of off-road features and refinement in the design of this outstanding vehicle. You should buy one before the 4.0L is gone.

Wranglers Rock
By Paul on 12/24/05 19:25 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If a great car should give you a feeling of excitement and happiness when you get in and turn the key, Wranglers have got to be near the top of the list. You don't have to drive a Lexus, BMW or other fussy sled to have a car that actually transports you while adding a kick to your daily life. Wranglers don't go 0-60 in a nano second. They don't fly through a line of cones in record time. Actually they don't climb boulders. At least not in my daily grind. But then, most commuters don't get to drive our country's beltway roads at rush hour going 150 mph. So, for fantasy, why not have a funmobile that is not afraid to pick up the mulch at Home Depot for a fraction of the cost?