2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Fun in the sun
By Fireman Steve on 03/16/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For the most part, this is a fun vehicle to own. Keep in mind, however, that for some, a vehicle is a long term investment and you have to think about where you will be at 5 or even 10 years down the road of life. If you don't plan on taking many long trips, needing space for cargo, or many passengers, and if you can afford the gas, go for it. It is exceptionally fun to take the top down, go off road, and also handles great in the snow. If you have a family, take a lot of long trips, or feel the need for a smooth ride going to and from work, you may want to consider something a little bigger. I have had a Jeep Cherokee in the past which has many of the same capabilities as the wrangler.

Great off road but lacks Fuel economy
By Sanders on 11/17/08 15:03 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Jeep in July of 2007 used it only had 48,000 miles and it now has 62,000. At first I was in love with this vehicle being able to just put back the top on sunny days. But then after a few trips with some Jeep clubs, I realized off roading is not good if it is your daily driver.

Fun car
By AJ on 04/10/08 08:09 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

With gas at $3.70 in southern California, my jeep is getting a little hard for me to afford, getting a whopping 12 MPG. Extremely fun car to drive, great offroad capabilities, and sweet to have the top off and cruise out to the beach. Good car to have if you don't do a lot of commuting, maybe as a second car, just a toy. Haven't had much problems, one $500 fuel line problem. other than that nothing. fun car though

Jeep Country
By its.a.jeep.thing on 12/19/07 09:30 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's a Jeep things, either you love it or you hate it. Where I'm from, the mountains are everything. My 2002 Wrangler X took me everywhere through the mountains. Going along with 10 - 20 other Jeeps through the mountains & the mud made my weekend full of excitement. The short wheel base making it easier to get over hills & through mud. Although taking it through woods & mud & sand & water has tore some things up on my Wrangler, everything was simpley fixed by me! [& "me" being a girl!] Some people may choose not to use their Wrangler as an everyday vehicle, but it was my "everyday vehicle". Sure, gas mileage wasn't the best, but having my Wrangler was worth every penny.

Great 3rd Vehicle
By ragarver on 11/17/07 20:01 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is a lot of fun to drive. Pull the doors and roof off and enjoy the sun and beach. This is a well built and very reliable vehicle. Keep in mind, this vehicle has a very short wheel base and will wear you out on a long drive. The original Jeep has limited storage space and but is great for just enjoying a day of sun and fun. Words to the wise, opt. for the larger "Unlimited" or 4DR if this will be your daily driver.

Jeep Wave
By VC on 10/07/07 19:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Picked up my 02 Wrangler (4.0L 5-speed) earlier this year. Had about 95k when I bought it and is creeping upon 110k now. This is my first Jeep and I am really surprised how much I enjoy driving it. I also have a 4x4 Ford F150, Dodge Viper RT/10 convertible, and a motorcycle, but I find myself driving the Wrangler most often because it offers a little bit of everything I want in one versatile package.

Jeep Wrangler
By crrazy1 on 08/05/06 05:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive all summer with the top down. In the winter there is no stopping you. Aside from a little bumpy ride and not the greatest gas mileage this vehicle is GREAT!

TOO MUCH FUN
By P.T. on 07/26/06 13:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2002 black Jeep Wrangler X in 2005. After 10,000 miles of pure fun, no problems at all. Take the top off in the summer and cruise down by the beach. In the winter go and rescue other drivers including over confident TRUCK drivers. No complaints.

Reliable fun and not much to go wrong!
By mhitesman on 07/31/05 15:09 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Owned just over 3 years. Never even one thing wrong with it. The ride in the backwoods is just as smooth as on the highway (rough!), but then I expected that. Cannot beat driving with the top down on a summer day. Gotta have the V6 -- people I know with the 4 cylinder are very sorry as itÂ’s underpowered. Not good gas mileage. Not a touring car.

This is a great car
By Boulder Wrangler on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 02 X and then customized. This is a great way to build the perfect offroad vehicle. I love this car--and my kids (3 and 6) love it too- -as does my wife. I have had no problems AT ALL. This car is perfectly designed for what it is-- though probably not for commuters :) The car is unstoppable in snow and is very well balanced. When it slides, it slides well and enhances control. The Jeep X is very low cost and can be easily customized.