2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Sahara4x4
By Bykryd on 08/02/09 15:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent performance. The soft top is the weak link, as the Florida sun bakes the stitching and the roof falls apart. The engine is solid V 6 and only needed the head gasket replaced at 100,000 miles. Other maintainence was within normal limits.

What Fun
By Jim Simmons on 09/02/07 08:29 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Sahara is undisputed among the 4 wheel drives. It is one of the funnist vehicles I've ever driven. It handles sand, mud, dirt and rock like no other vehicle. One downfall to it is the gas mileage, the the power of the 4 litre motor makes up for the poor mileage.

My Jeep
By Jim on 08/25/07 04:17 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun vehicle to drive, is excellent in the mud or sand. Handles well off road and living in Florida, I ride with the top down 80 percent of the year. One of the best things about a Jeep, is I can pretty much go anywhere I like without worries of getting stuck.

American Classic
By UncleMark on 06/06/06 15:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm in Colorado. Guess what, the 3 speed auto on my 2002 Sahara does a better job than I can on our inclined "roads." I'm very tall and though the comfort level is far better for me than I thought it would be, it's no car. Gas mileage is actually good for hauling around that heavy transfer case all the time. Excellent seat comfort and support. Impressive fit, finish, build quality. Bad: lousy soft-top, but I run around in a safari or bikini and don't use it; hardtop when it's on is DELUXE. Outstanding air/heat (no wonder Mercedes uses the same). There are years of off-road features and refinement in the design of this outstanding vehicle. You should buy one before the 4.0L is gone.

BUYER BEWARE!
By fife5150 on 08/04/05 22:59 PM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

My second and LAST Jeep (also bought a 1997 Sport new). I've had nothing but trouble with Jeep Wranglers. Can't believe I was stupid enough to buy another after all the problems with the first. The 2002 Sahara wouldn't start the other day -- had to have it towed. I'm a little more than 3000 miles outside warranty, so the fuel pump module was a nice $600 treat! Mechanic said much is prematurely wrong with this vehicle after his inspection. Total bill $1195! BUYER BEWARE!

I love my Jeep
By Dannigirl on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Shorter persons can easily adjust the seats and the steering wheel to accommodate. The Jeep makes it makes it easy for me to parallel park without embarrassing myself. Off road I have been impressed with the engine power and maneuvering capability. I pulled my husband's Ram 4x4 out of the mud with ease but havenít used the limited slip differentials. Having the vehicle in 4x4 in 1st gear and not needing to accelerate is great - this baby pulls itself along nicely without stalling. The wider fender flares give it a unique style. I love that "bump and sway" has been eliminated - older stock models are all over the road when hitting a dip or bump.

Love you Baby
By Stevie O on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Always wanted one and now I have one. The experience is more fun than I thought. I would get another so I could have one just in case. Don't want every one having one. Ah, ok... Test drive one and your'll be hooked. I was tossed between a 2002 Camero SS and thought this was more of a change and looked and drove alot more in control. : )

It's a Jeeper's Review
By Colorado Brad on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I read another review - a lady said it "flips" so I got rid of it. Uh, perhaps drivers ed. would be in order, ma'am. My Jeep is a superior performer - remember what Jeeps are built to do. Off-road. My TJ is unmatched in off- road performance and has been totally reliable.

Dream Come True
By robbill on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Off road atr Camp Jeep etc., commuting to work, everyday run about and three month round USA trip. All great

Remember Why & What You're Buying
By onemansopinion on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have envied the Jeep for off road abilities while my wife envied driving to the beach sans top. We both had a crush on this vehicle since our early driving days. This 2002 Sahara will be a third "car" for around town open air driving. Regarding performance, this is not a high performance engine. The automatic is very slow out of the gates and the engine is very thirsty. Be prepared to spend money on gas. The front seats are surprisingly comfortable while the second row bench is still best suited for pre-teens. This vehicle is a blast to drive. Cruising in the sunshine listening to Jimmy Buffet is exactly what we envisioned it to be.