2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
2002 2.5L 4CYL Wranger SE
By raider88 on 03/06/05 18:03 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This Jeep was driven at Camp Jeep 2003 in the Blue Ridge mountains. It's been through all kinds of trails and weather. This was even good in the snow for a lightweight. I recommend to everyone the following: Get rid of the Goodyear tires! Since I got 215/75/15 BFG AT KO tires, the Jeep has handled even better and it doesn't slip in the rain. Also get a tow hitch and replace the bumpers. I hope to travel south to the Ynes Mountains for Camp Jeep 2005 in California. I did purchase the sliding glass half upper doors from Quadratec.

Excellent Choice
By kwrhodes on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A Jeep is a Jeep -- you must know that going in. It won't get good mileage, it has a rough ride, and it is "plain Jane" on the inside. But, IT'S A JEEP and I love it. This is my second one and it is just as much fun as the first. I highly recommend a Jeep to anyone who wants to have a true original off-road vehicle.

Fun Fun Fun
By Julia Rhodes on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I was a little girl I wanted a Jeep, actually a CJ-7. When I turned 20 I bought my Wrangler and I love it. I can't wait until the summer time so I can get that top off!

Simply Great
By david tufano on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Think this truck is awesome, sad to see it go.

Great Jeep
By Apolinaras on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great convertible/SUV. How many people can say they own a car that is convertible during summer and SUV during winter. Plus, Jeep Wranglers hold their value, KBB and other places might undervalue than in their first years after build, but I haven't seen them sell one themselves ;-)

fun
By reg on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Like a four wheel drive Miata

Not bad but could much better
By mrroofer on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is one of my Play toys, and does what needs to do. But my first new Jeep (CJ-5) I bought in 79 was better because of the 304 V-8 power. I get the same MPG it did, at about 15- 17 mpg

Unreliable
By Gianna Roberts on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Flips, and scares me, so I got rid of it.

Bullet Proof
By jsav262 on 03/18/02 13:26 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Pro's: This vehicle is what it is... It's a Jeep. If you love to play in the Sun or Snow, If you love to manouver in & out of a parking garage at the mall or trees in the woods, this is the one. You can do a good job of getting wherever you want with this one right out of the box without all the lift kits & tall tires. & for those people, well this vehicle lets you do that too. Con's: It's NOT the "family Vacation" car. Most families have at least 2 cars now a days anyway, so who cares?! Have Fun.