My forever Jeep
By tjinsaanich on
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)
I've bought it used the first day of 2007 at 72,000 KM and I haven't regret it once. I have made many mods to it and now it sport Aussie lockers, 3" lift with 31" MT, snorkel with Body spacer air intake, body armor all around with flat fender, Bush bumper with winch, striped down interior and a truck bed liner paint job. Needless to say it is an off-road machine but I also use it as my daily driver most days. My other vehicle is a VW Eurovan camper that is great and comfortable but it ain't my Jeep and if I had to choose I'd take the Jeep any day.
Favorite Features
I love the short wheel base, width and coil suspension makes this vehicle perfect for off-roading, it even took me on many ATV trails that other 4x4 (including the JK) could not manage. The turning radius is great and the mostly metal (mine is striped of most plastic components) make it a solid reliable 4x4. I rarely get stuck even before I put in lockers and often pull others out of a jam. It has a lot of torque and great compression for going downhill.
Suggested Improvements
The main con with this Jeep was in my opinion a little too much plastic when I first got it. I'm someone who appreciate a solid spartan truck like look and feel to a vehicle. And the top is somewhat awkward wether it be the hard top of soft top bot have their own issues. So I'm now using wrapped around Bikini top with wind jammer , Problem solved.