2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Jeeps are great
By J85 on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

if there is a car that is fun to drive and is as affordable as a wrangler i have yet to see it. this is the ultimate and original off road vehicle

Most fun you can have with the top down
By JeepConvert on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, on or off road. I've had several cars, this is the best thing I have ever paid money for. It is worth every penny.

Die before buying a Wrangler.
By James Qwilleran on 07/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We cannot stand this unacceptable car. It is extremely uncomfortable, breaks down often, has cheap interior materials, ghastly fuel economy, and we could go on and on.

Its the Swiss army knife of 4x4's
By M. Bishop on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Wrangler, my first a 2000 model, got destroyed in a wreck with a Semi truck 5 months after I bought it. As soon as the insurance company paid off the 2000, I was at the dealer ordering the 2001. Not only do I drive it to work everyday, but also take it off-road a lot. I got mine with the full steel doors, and softop. I was planning to keep this one for a long time but most likey I will sell it and get the new Rubcion edition when it comes out. If you looking at getting a 4x4 convertable the wrangler should be at the top of your list.

GO JEEP GO!!
By Hokie Jeep on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. It is versatile, it is powerful, it is reliable, and most importantly, it is fun. I purchased mine with both tops, a decision I have yet to regret, especially in the wintertime. If you enjoy quiet and smooth rides, this is not the vehicle for you. This is the perfect car for off-roading and sun bathing (nothing better than having the top down during the summer time). And the slew of accessories by Mopar makes customizing my Jeep a lot of fun.

All-Kinds O'Fun!
By Roc Ingersol on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great toy... NOT a commuter vehicle – if you want to commute, get a Diesel Golf or a used Audi A4, same money either way. Gas mileage is not good in any condition, but who cares if it is a toy. Take it on or off road, this Jeep is VERY capable right off the showroom floor.

Jeep Thoughts by Matt
By Matt376 on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the first SUV that I have purchased and was ecstatic to get it. It has a unique appeal and holds it own niche in the SUV market. It's a blast to drive and true that Chicks dig guys in Jeeps. The V-6 is powerful and responsive, though, would caution newcomers to the world of the Wrangler, that it takes a bit of getting used to the increased road noise. After adjusting, I feel like this is probably the best purchase I've made of the 5 cars I have owned. Basically, if you have been thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing one of these marvelous vehicles, get off your keester and do it

Jeep
By RC on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

This is the only Vehicle I will ever Buy

Jeep
By TK3 on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Though missing several parts at delivery. It is still fun to drive.

My new 2002 Wrangler S.E.
By T. E. Turner on 03/16/02 21:13 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am pleased with my new Jeep. We got a Wrangler SE with the 2.5L 4cyl, and the 5 spd. manual transmission, along with an upgraded cloth interior. Transmission is silky smooth. The 4cyl. has more than adequate power for my use. I am impressed with the build quality - tight & rattle free, and even the convertible top is quiet.