2001 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews 3

2001 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
jeep 2001
By ludovico on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Jeep because it is reliable and fun to drive. It performs exceptionally well off road. The downside is the four cylinder is sluggish at times going up a steep grade on a roadway. A solid vehicle otherwise.

Not to bad so far
By Pennst on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got this Jeep about a year and a half ago. I'm sure I am not the only one experiancing a little rust around the hinges, that's about it. Ride quality is o.k.. I marked gas mileage a 2, I think a 1 would be reserved for the H2. I really like it, never any problem's with the Chicago winter's. The only thing is that the stock GS-a tires aren't to good in the snow.

good car/not so good gas mileage
By bandy on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

solid car but guzzles gas. Love driving it but not good if you have kids because there's not enough room. Great for singles and teenagers. Trustworthy car that you'll love to drive.

Why drive anything else?
By DerekB on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 10th vehicle, but my first 'suv'. The wrangler is very capable of doing anything that needs to be done....and with the vast amounts of aftermarket support, your options are near limitless. As far as gas mileage, it isn't the best, but look at other trucks/suv's and you will see that it's by far not the worst. The interior is designed for ruggedness and comfort at the same time. Forget to put your top on during a rain storm? A normal occurence that would destroy most vehicles, is simply taken care of with a Wrangler. Just pull the plugs and empty the water, and go for a drive to let it dry out.

Lots of fun
By brehardt on 02/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned a Jeep Wrangler for almost 3 years now. I have not had one problem with this vehicle and it has not had to go into the shop for anything other than routine maintenance. I feel that I can go just about anywhere with this vehicle. Can handle most any terrain. No worries about getting stuck. I would recommend a Wrangler to anyone. Things you have to know before purchasing: low gas mileage, noisy interior on the road, a bit of a rough ride. All these are to be expected though.

Solid vehicle
By decktout1 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle is rock solid. I am 6'-3" and sit comfortably. Stereo with subwoofer really kicks for a stock system. Car goes anywhere, nimble. Convertible is fun, soft top is tight, and hard top keeps the heat out. Great AC. 4.0 V6 gives all the kick in the butt you need.

never apologize it is a Jeep
By geb brown on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I live in rural Southwest-it gets me thru the monsoons in summer-snows in winter-across the rocks anytime I want to take a shortcut home and always starts when I need it. It is reliable and fun-I could buy any car I wanted- but this is Jeep and Truck country and thats just the way we want it. P.S. Keep your hi-lift auto zone princess jeeps in Phoenix or Las Vegas where you both belong.

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport
By sheissekopf on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It must be a Jeep thing. When I bought mine new, I was a little concerned about long trips, but August of 2001 it went on an 1800 mile trip to Canada and back, drove from Southeast PA to Northern Maine in one day, and the ride was better than our 2003 Toyota Matrix. When the weather warms up, you can't beat taking the top down, and in the snow, you just can't stop these things (and I've tried)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
By Martijp on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

We love this vehicle. I had been in older jeeps, and thought I'd never own one. But this Jeep rides and drives so much better. It's much more refined than its predecessors. We're only selling it because we want more room.

4x4 Fever
By Wildbl1500 on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my '01 Sport to get back to basics- no auto trans, no power windows, no ac. Just bare bones, top down, stereo up, go anywhere I feel like in any conditon 4x4!