Used 2001 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD
By Deb Shaw

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I always wanted a Jeep Wrangler. Now that I have one, I realize why I always wanted one. It is a blast to drive, especially with the top down and with the dogs harnessed in. It has so much response to it. I don't have to guess if there's "Enough time to pass this guy". The A/C rocks. The sound bar / system also rocks. I wish it got better mileage though. I get between 14-16 running around town, but never got more than 17.1 on a 500 mile trip. Oh well. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a "Fun" vehicle. My husband & I never take it off-road. It is fantastic in snow though. It is really put together sturdy

Sporty, Powerful, Fun to drive, Great A/C / Heater, versatile

Maybe better gearing for improved Fuel economy.

Love Wranglers, Can't Afford Fixing it
By Keith

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2001 Wrangler as a vehicle that is great in the snow, mud or even on road. Top on or off it is the best vehicle for all situations. Anything i throw at it, it takes it like nothing i have ever drove. Stock height with 31x10.5R15 made it a blast for any trail navigation i wanted to take it through. I could drive circles around most the huge trucks and even other suv's like a lifted Cherokee (not so much a lifted titan on 34's.

Great stock height, nice to have an convertible. Great in unexpected snow or off road situations.

Fun to drive
By jroads

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been fun to drive. As for being an "SUV", it sure doesn't drive like one, is very maneuverable, and a breeze to park about anywhere. Where it DOES match an SUV is gas mileage. I've had no major problems with it to date, and enjoy every drive I take.

Easy to park, convertible.

Someone please design a console that fits in the front like older Wranglers had. Need a place to store change, CDs, etc.

Great Deal
By tom

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Wrangler for so long, took a while to find the right one for the right price. Got my 5 speed standard transmission, cruise and low miles. I love my Jeep; used to have the Cherokee, but have fallen head over heels for this Sahara. Not the greatest of fuel economy, but it's the funnest vehicle I have ever driven. Rides like a Jeep, but is actually a lot smoother riding than others I have driven. I find it comfortable and very reliable with the inline six and the indestructible transmission; definitely one of the more reliable vehicles out there.

Convertible top, standard transmission, sound bar.

Fuel economy.

My Joyride
By Ang & Mic

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep. I wasn't really sure but after a trip to the mountains and being able to take the top off and enjoy the breeze and going through a drive through zoo. It was awesome letting the animals come up to the Jeep. A camel was looking above us and a zebra tried to eat our back seat. It was just a great experience and I would not trade my Jeep for anything.

Rag top.