2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD
By Deb Shaw on 11/13/08 17:11 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I always wanted a Jeep Wrangler. Now that I have one, I realize why I always wanted one. It is a blast to drive, especially with the top down and with the dogs harnessed in. It has so much response to it. I don't have to guess if there's "Enough time to pass this guy". The A/C rocks. The sound bar / system also rocks. I wish it got better mileage though. I get between 14-16 running around town, but never got more than 17.1 on a 500 mile trip. Oh well. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a "Fun" vehicle. My husband & I never take it off-road. It is fantastic in snow though. It is really put together sturdy

Love Wranglers, Can't Afford Fixing it
By Keith on 01/28/08 21:53 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2001 Wrangler as a vehicle that is great in the snow, mud or even on road. Top on or off it is the best vehicle for all situations. Anything i throw at it, it takes it like nothing i have ever drove. Stock height with 31x10.5R15 made it a blast for any trail navigation i wanted to take it through. I could drive circles around most the huge trucks and even other suv's like a lifted Cherokee (not so much a lifted titan on 34's.

Fun to drive
By jroads on 06/16/06 11:39 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been fun to drive. As for being an "SUV", it sure doesn't drive like one, is very maneuverable, and a breeze to park about anywhere. Where it DOES match an SUV is gas mileage. I've had no major problems with it to date, and enjoy every drive I take.

Great Deal
By tom on 03/20/06 21:17 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Wrangler for so long, took a while to find the right one for the right price. Got my 5 speed standard transmission, cruise and low miles. I love my Jeep; used to have the Cherokee, but have fallen head over heels for this Sahara. Not the greatest of fuel economy, but it's the funnest vehicle I have ever driven. Rides like a Jeep, but is actually a lot smoother riding than others I have driven. I find it comfortable and very reliable with the inline six and the indestructible transmission; definitely one of the more reliable vehicles out there.

My Joyride
By Ang & Mic on 11/16/05 08:52 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep. I wasn't really sure but after a trip to the mountains and being able to take the top off and enjoy the breeze and going through a drive through zoo. It was awesome letting the animals come up to the Jeep. A camel was looking above us and a zebra tried to eat our back seat. It was just a great experience and I would not trade my Jeep for anything.

have fun
By Dr Jay on 08/24/05 17:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car and probably the most fun to drive. Has seen me through many a snowy winter and always got we where in needed to get to. Very reliable and easy to work on. Great many things one can add, which have the bonus of not only being toys, but also useful additions.

Brings out the kid in you
By Eric on 06/21/05 23:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Don't buy a Jeep Wrangler expecting Corvette performance or Cadillac comfort. This vehicle offers minimum luxury and very little power. The great thing is the positives definitely outweigh the negatives. Everything else about this vehicle is awesome! You feel like a kid again when you drop the top and hit the beach. The Wrangler is amazingly versatile also. YouÂ’ll ride comfortably in a business suit to work during the week, while enjoying open air driving in shorts during the weekend. If you love the off-road, then there are plenty of options for rims/tires and lift kits. So far, I have spent very little on maintenance. I highly recommend the Jeep Wrangler.

It's a Jeep thing
By Mazer on 05/29/05 14:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

i bought it used in April '05 with 17,000 miles on it. The 4.0L is perfect for highway and city. Love the low end torque, feels like it could pull down a house. It's awesome with the top down.

get one
By turtle on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

problem free since purchase, best car i ever own

I love my Jeep!
By Jeepin' Tom on 07/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought a Wrangler because I thought it would be a fun vehicle to drive. Oh, Man! I didn't have a clue! My Jeep is a hundred times more fun than I thought it would be. Nothing like a topless/doorless drive on a nice day. And going off road, well.. that's the the ULTIMATE! You have to be willing to give up a lot of the things that most people feel are so important in a vehicle, like fuel economy, smooth and quiet ride, passenger and cargo room, sporty handling, etc. But the reward in terms of PURE FUN is well worth the sacrifices!