Used 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Loving my jeep
By alex

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this jeep for about a 1 1/2 years now. It replaced my cj7.This has to be the best all around veh I have owned. As far as comfort (it's a jeep) not built for that. It's a fun no nonsense type veh. I did replace the fan to an electrical type.Installed Banks cold air intake, mickey thompson rims and tires (15X33.12.50) and a 4 inch lift with one inch body lift. Reliability has been great. I love this truck and I recommend it to anyone.

I would say the removable top! the ageless design, and all that you can do with it.

a better and easier way to remove the top better gas mileage.

Fun to drive
By jroads

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been fun to drive. As for being an "SUV", it sure doesn't drive like one, is very maneuverable, and a breeze to park about anywhere. Where it DOES match an SUV is gas mileage. I've had no major problems with it to date, and enjoy every drive I take.

Easy to park, convertible.

Someone please design a console that fits in the front like older Wranglers had. Need a place to store change, CDs, etc.

Great Deal
By tom

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been wanting a Wrangler for so long, took a while to find the right one for the right price. Got my 5 speed standard transmission, cruise and low miles. I love my Jeep; used to have the Cherokee, but have fallen head over heels for this Sahara. Not the greatest of fuel economy, but it's the funnest vehicle I have ever driven. Rides like a Jeep, but is actually a lot smoother riding than others I have driven. I find it comfortable and very reliable with the inline six and the indestructible transmission; definitely one of the more reliable vehicles out there.

Convertible top, standard transmission, sound bar.

Fuel economy.

Not to bad so far
By Pennst

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I got this Jeep about a year and a half ago. I'm sure I am not the only one experiancing a little rust around the hinges, that's about it. Ride quality is o.k.. I marked gas mileage a 2, I think a 1 would be reserved for the H2. I really like it, never any problem's with the Chicago winter's. The only thing is that the stock GS-a tires aren't to good in the snow.

My favorite feature is the reliable engine, and it's fairly basic build. Make's it easy for do-it yourselfers.

My only thing is something has to be done about the rusting issues around the joint's.

Why drive anything else?
By DerekB

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 10th vehicle, but my first 'suv'. The wrangler is very capable of doing anything that needs to be done....and with the vast amounts of aftermarket support, your options are near limitless. As far as gas mileage, it isn't the best, but look at other trucks/suv's and you will see that it's by far not the worst. The interior is designed for ruggedness and comfort at the same time. Forget to put your top on during a rain storm? A normal occurence that would destroy most vehicles, is simply taken care of with a Wrangler. Just pull the plugs and empty the water, and go for a drive to let it dry out.

Removeable tops and doors. Nothing quite like driving to the beach with no doors.

The Wrangler come fully stocked from Jeep. Anything else can be added on at any time. No stock improvements needed.