2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
My forever Jeep
By tjinsaanich on 09/15/13 22:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've bought it used the first day of 2007 at 72,000 KM and I haven't regret it once. I have made many mods to it and now it sport Aussie lockers, 3" lift with 31" MT, snorkel with Body spacer air intake, body armor all around with flat fender, Bush bumper with winch, striped down interior and a truck bed liner paint job. Needless to say it is an off-road machine but I also use it as my daily driver most days. My other vehicle is a VW Eurovan camper that is great and comfortable but it ain't my Jeep and if I had to choose I'd take the Jeep any day.

Most Versatile, Fun, Sexy, Reliable Vehicle Ever Built
By jamesdoolin on 10/23/11 22:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Wrangler new in June 2001 and now have 193,000 miles as of Oct.2011 Still runs STRONG. I've used it to pull a 28' foot parasail in open fields. I own a boat rental business and have been pulling and towing 5000 pound trailers for years even though its only rated to pull 2500. Can take a while to stop with 5000 pounds behind you though :) I use my Wrangler for advertising, I've got a large removable neon sign hanging between the roll bars in the back! Love to take the top down and the doors off and blast my music! Did a little 4x4 early on and it can handle it. Ice, snow, beach, no problem. Wranglers are great fun, if you don't like em then you're not fun. I'll keep mine 4ever.

a go any where vehicle
By 60885 on 03/13/10 15:38 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm a senior. In year 2001, we had a bad snow storm. I had to abandon my Volvo and started to walk the 3 miles home. A guy in a jeep gave me a ride. I was so impressed I went and bought a Wrangler. 60yr anniversary for Jeep and same for me. I still have it. I love it and can't part with it. Got less than 60K miles on it. It bounces and it jounces, my wife hates it, the dealership wants me to trade it (they're salivating) but I can go on the beach, cast to the surf and enjoy my retirement.

Over 100,000
By jrjeep on 02/09/09 05:50 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought/ordered this Jeep from the factory in 2001. I have both tops and have installed a 4 inch lift kit and have 33 inch tires on it. It has been a great vehicle that takes me anywhere I want to go. I have had absolutely no trouble with the Jeep. I'm still on the original battery too. The only parts I have put on is brakes. It has been driven on numerous long trips Ex. (North Carolina to El Paso, Texas)and been trouble free. It's not the most comfortable ride, but it's reliable.

Super Reliable and Fun Vehicle
By Overgaardman on 01/12/09 12:06 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great vehicle! This thing is fun and totally reliable. I have over 51,000 mile on it and it even has the original battery!! In Arizona about 3 years is the normal life for a battery. I read consumer report which of course finds this to be a CRUDE SUV. These people just don't get it. I love this thing and it goes everywhere. I also owned a Maita and now a BMW Z4 and Chev Truck and Yamaha FJR 1300 as well, but the Jeep is just more lovable and will go anywhere. I have owned Honda's, Toyota's (Tundra--bad truck)and many others and the Jeep is more reliable. What it does need is a better radio as the one that come with it is poor at best. Wonderful Vehicle to enjoy!

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD
By Deb Shaw on 11/13/08 17:11 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I always wanted a Jeep Wrangler. Now that I have one, I realize why I always wanted one. It is a blast to drive, especially with the top down and with the dogs harnessed in. It has so much response to it. I don't have to guess if there's "Enough time to pass this guy". The A/C rocks. The sound bar / system also rocks. I wish it got better mileage though. I get between 14-16 running around town, but never got more than 17.1 on a 500 mile trip. Oh well. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a "Fun" vehicle. My husband & I never take it off-road. It is fantastic in snow though. It is really put together sturdy

Love Wranglers, Can't Afford Fixing it
By Keith on 01/28/08 21:53 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2001 Wrangler as a vehicle that is great in the snow, mud or even on road. Top on or off it is the best vehicle for all situations. Anything i throw at it, it takes it like nothing i have ever drove. Stock height with 31x10.5R15 made it a blast for any trail navigation i wanted to take it through. I could drive circles around most the huge trucks and even other suv's like a lifted Cherokee (not so much a lifted titan on 34's.

My Joyride
By Ang & Mic on 11/16/05 08:52 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep. I wasn't really sure but after a trip to the mountains and being able to take the top off and enjoy the breeze and going through a drive through zoo. It was awesome letting the animals come up to the Jeep. A camel was looking above us and a zebra tried to eat our back seat. It was just a great experience and I would not trade my Jeep for anything.

have fun
By Dr Jay on 08/24/05 17:00 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car and probably the most fun to drive. Has seen me through many a snowy winter and always got we where in needed to get to. Very reliable and easy to work on. Great many things one can add, which have the bonus of not only being toys, but also useful additions.

Brings out the kid in you
By Eric on 06/21/05 23:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Don't buy a Jeep Wrangler expecting Corvette performance or Cadillac comfort. This vehicle offers minimum luxury and very little power. The great thing is the positives definitely outweigh the negatives. Everything else about this vehicle is awesome! You feel like a kid again when you drop the top and hit the beach. The Wrangler is amazingly versatile also. YouÂ’ll ride comfortably in a business suit to work during the week, while enjoying open air driving in shorts during the weekend. If you love the off-road, then there are plenty of options for rims/tires and lift kits. So far, I have spent very little on maintenance. I highly recommend the Jeep Wrangler.