2001 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
My favorite ride
By taggart on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Jeep new in 2001 in Georgia. I have driven it twice to Moab Utah from Georgia once pulling a trailer with a Goldwing on it The little 4 cyl is a great engine. I have been on the highest rated Jeep trails here in Moab and this Jeep is a stock Jeep no lift kit. By far this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It may be a bit noisy at 75mph but hey, I have been in bad snow storms and downpours and always felt very secure. The Amber Fire paint job still looks great and at 120,000 it still preforms as it did when new. I replaced the rag top at 100,000 as well as the front brakes. It is simple to tune up and real fun to drive. I am totally into jeeping out here in the desert.

solid 4x4
By twilliams on 05/07/10 12:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought mine new w/only ac. Put 2"lift on & 32" tires. This gave much better handling due to 15% stiffer spring rate. 2.5l sucks gas but is heavy 4x4 for its size. If you put larger tires on u must change the axle diff. Ratios. This will give you better performance, better mileage, and less strain on drivetrain. For a 4 cyl. I was amazed at what it would do off road w/open diffs. Granted I was running 4:56 ratio in axles but still, this vehicle truly shines off road. It has the best turning radius of any vehicle I have owned. Sold it @ 58,000 miles and never had a problem with it- off roading and all. Plus, it has the highest resale value - period. Beats them all.

incredible vehicle
By juice1 on 02/22/10 00:44 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my jeep ten years ago the first day the 2001 models were at the dealership and it was the only smart thing I did in my twenties. In all this time i have only had to invest in oil changes, a new top, and a battery. The top and battery I just replaced last year! It doesn't handle like a sports car but it's no supposed to. if anyone is interested in reliable vehicles buy an older jeep and don't let go. It handles great and is a much better ride than the newer ones which I just bought (thanks Chrysler). It's dependable, fun, goes through anything, and it girls love it. What else is there to say

It's a Jeep Thing
By Scott3249 on 11/23/08 03:58 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got this Wrangler in July of 2001 after my 98 Wrangler got total. Was surprise at the improvements to the top. Great SUV, not gonna win any MPG awards, but hey its a Jeep. I've put close to 90k miles on it and just replaced the radiator, was my fault for not flushing it out. Has been been a great jeep.

get one
By turtle on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

problem free since purchase, best car i ever own

jeep 2001
By ludovico on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Jeep because it is reliable and fun to drive. It performs exceptionally well off road. The downside is the four cylinder is sluggish at times going up a steep grade on a roadway. A solid vehicle otherwise.

A LOT o' BANG FOR THE BUCK !
By jeepinspence on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second "Tj" model Jeep Wrangler in a row, and they just keep getting better! While mine is a "base" model SE it came with a ton of upgrades to make it a very liveable unit! Mine came with a the premium sound system and sub woofer option as well as the new 4ply soft top for better sound and climate insulation. I also bought mine with the automatic transmission and upgraded grizzly aluminum rims. All in all in makes for a very nice looking package in Stone White paint with black top and trim! The only option I regret NOT getting is AC...don't fall into the old trap of "it's a convertible , you don't need ac!"

What jeep are 4
By Mudpuppy on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The jeep is bad on gas, yup, but not that bad. Everything is nice. Now go take the top down, find some power lines or a mud hole, and put in first, maybe second that’s it, go slow, up and over everything, enjoy life, the clean air, get lost. This is why you buy a jeep, I mean you do not have to go nuts wheeling, just put the top down, find a quite dirt road and smile. I have owned many this one is only 2 or 3 months old, I have found only a small squeak where the spare is attached. I have added some hella 500 driving lights and tow hooks, small shovel and some other items, so I help other stuck people.

What jeep are 4
By mudpuppy on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Jeeps are great
By J85 on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

if there is a car that is fun to drive and is as affordable as a wrangler i have yet to see it. this is the ultimate and original off road vehicle