2001 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
My forever Jeep
By tjinsaanich on 09/15/13 22:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've bought it used the first day of 2007 at 72,000 KM and I haven't regret it once. I have made many mods to it and now it sport Aussie lockers, 3" lift with 31" MT, snorkel with Body spacer air intake, body armor all around with flat fender, Bush bumper with winch, striped down interior and a truck bed liner paint job. Needless to say it is an off-road machine but I also use it as my daily driver most days. My other vehicle is a VW Eurovan camper that is great and comfortable but it ain't my Jeep and if I had to choose I'd take the Jeep any day.

Most Versatile, Fun, Sexy, Reliable Vehicle Ever Built
By jamesdoolin on 10/23/11 22:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Wrangler new in June 2001 and now have 193,000 miles as of Oct.2011 Still runs STRONG. I've used it to pull a 28' foot parasail in open fields. I own a boat rental business and have been pulling and towing 5000 pound trailers for years even though its only rated to pull 2500. Can take a while to stop with 5000 pounds behind you though :) I use my Wrangler for advertising, I've got a large removable neon sign hanging between the roll bars in the back! Love to take the top down and the doors off and blast my music! Did a little 4x4 early on and it can handle it. Ice, snow, beach, no problem. Wranglers are great fun, if you don't like em then you're not fun. I'll keep mine 4ever.

My favorite ride
By taggart on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this Jeep new in 2001 in Georgia. I have driven it twice to Moab Utah from Georgia once pulling a trailer with a Goldwing on it The little 4 cyl is a great engine. I have been on the highest rated Jeep trails here in Moab and this Jeep is a stock Jeep no lift kit. By far this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It may be a bit noisy at 75mph but hey, I have been in bad snow storms and downpours and always felt very secure. The Amber Fire paint job still looks great and at 120,000 it still preforms as it did when new. I replaced the rag top at 100,000 as well as the front brakes. It is simple to tune up and real fun to drive. I am totally into jeeping out here in the desert.

solid 4x4
By twilliams on 05/07/10 12:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought mine new w/only ac. Put 2"lift on & 32" tires. This gave much better handling due to 15% stiffer spring rate. 2.5l sucks gas but is heavy 4x4 for its size. If you put larger tires on u must change the axle diff. Ratios. This will give you better performance, better mileage, and less strain on drivetrain. For a 4 cyl. I was amazed at what it would do off road w/open diffs. Granted I was running 4:56 ratio in axles but still, this vehicle truly shines off road. It has the best turning radius of any vehicle I have owned. Sold it @ 58,000 miles and never had a problem with it- off roading and all. Plus, it has the highest resale value - period. Beats them all.

Loving my jeep
By alex on 04/14/10 10:05 AM (PDT)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this jeep for about a 1 1/2 years now. It replaced my cj7.This has to be the best all around veh I have owned. As far as comfort (it's a jeep) not built for that. It's a fun no nonsense type veh. I did replace the fan to an electrical type.Installed Banks cold air intake, mickey thompson rims and tires (15X33.12.50) and a 4 inch lift with one inch body lift. Reliability has been great. I love this truck and I recommend it to anyone.

a go any where vehicle
By 60885 on 03/13/10 15:38 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm a senior. In year 2001, we had a bad snow storm. I had to abandon my Volvo and started to walk the 3 miles home. A guy in a jeep gave me a ride. I was so impressed I went and bought a Wrangler. 60yr anniversary for Jeep and same for me. I still have it. I love it and can't part with it. Got less than 60K miles on it. It bounces and it jounces, my wife hates it, the dealership wants me to trade it (they're salivating) but I can go on the beach, cast to the surf and enjoy my retirement.

incredible vehicle
By juice1 on 02/22/10 00:44 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my jeep ten years ago the first day the 2001 models were at the dealership and it was the only smart thing I did in my twenties. In all this time i have only had to invest in oil changes, a new top, and a battery. The top and battery I just replaced last year! It doesn't handle like a sports car but it's no supposed to. if anyone is interested in reliable vehicles buy an older jeep and don't let go. It handles great and is a much better ride than the newer ones which I just bought (thanks Chrysler). It's dependable, fun, goes through anything, and it girls love it. What else is there to say

Over 100,000
By jrjeep on 02/09/09 05:50 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought/ordered this Jeep from the factory in 2001. I have both tops and have installed a 4 inch lift kit and have 33 inch tires on it. It has been a great vehicle that takes me anywhere I want to go. I have had absolutely no trouble with the Jeep. I'm still on the original battery too. The only parts I have put on is brakes. It has been driven on numerous long trips Ex. (North Carolina to El Paso, Texas)and been trouble free. It's not the most comfortable ride, but it's reliable.

Super Reliable and Fun Vehicle
By Overgaardman on 01/12/09 12:06 PM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great vehicle! This thing is fun and totally reliable. I have over 51,000 mile on it and it even has the original battery!! In Arizona about 3 years is the normal life for a battery. I read consumer report which of course finds this to be a CRUDE SUV. These people just don't get it. I love this thing and it goes everywhere. I also owned a Maita and now a BMW Z4 and Chev Truck and Yamaha FJR 1300 as well, but the Jeep is just more lovable and will go anywhere. I have owned Honda's, Toyota's (Tundra--bad truck)and many others and the Jeep is more reliable. What it does need is a better radio as the one that come with it is poor at best. Wonderful Vehicle to enjoy!

It's a Jeep Thing
By Scott3249 on 11/23/08 03:58 AM (PST)

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got this Wrangler in July of 2001 after my 98 Wrangler got total. Was surprise at the improvements to the top. Great SUV, not gonna win any MPG awards, but hey its a Jeep. I've put close to 90k miles on it and just replaced the radiator, was my fault for not flushing it out. Has been been a great jeep.