It's a Jeep Thing!
By Brbnkseaj on
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD
Other than having the check engine light come on the day I drove it off the lot, my Jeep has never had to be repaired for anything that wasn't self-inflicted. I am amazed at how much abuse it can take when I go off-roading. It is very fun to drive, and easy to customize. There are downsides, though. You really need to buy aftermarket security products if you have a soft top. My original soft top made a LOT of noise on the highway and when it was windy, and it wore out after five years. But I replaced it with a sailcloth top, which was easy to install and pretty quiet when driving under 60mph. It is also tricky to drive on the highway, especially in the rain. Good tires are a must.
Favorite Features
Convertible top, off-road capability, style, reliability, simplicity, aftermarket accessories.
Suggested Improvements
Arm rests on the windows where they attach to the half doors. Bigger visors. Power mirrors mounted somewhere other than the removable door. Easy hookups for fog lights and other electrical accessories. Let the back seat slide back when it is folded down, and let the front seats slide back more.