2000 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Review: I love my yella Jeep!

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Review

I love my yella Jeep!
By troilus1 on

2000 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Every few months, my wife begs me to get rid of my Jeep. "It's bumpy," she says. "I can't hear myself think." "I can barely climb into it." "My feet don't touch the ground." (she's 5 feet tall) But I run my hand along the hood, and I shake my head. I'll drive this baby into the ground. It handles like a dream, and has the tightest turn-radius of anything I've ever driven. I love being able to crawl anywhere I need to go, and still get 20mpg on the freeway. With the top down, this is, for any North Dakota boy who's made his way to Cali, *the* dream car. I've found it extremely dependable (I put 20k a year on it), easy to tinker with, and no end of fun.

Convertible top 4WD Speaker-bar (extra) Full doors (extra -- don't get the half-doors)

If I had one complaint, it would be about power. I've got the 2.5liter 4-cyl SE model with standard transmission. Going up steep hills with the air conditioning on at highway speeds taxes the engine mightily.