best I've ever had
By Eric on
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD
This has been the best vehicle I have ever had, hands down. I had always wanted a Jeep, and finally I just went ahead and got one. After two years plus, I've never regretted it, even for a second. It's incredibly fun to drive, very reliable, versatile, and stylish. I have the solar yellow Sport model with the 5 speed transmission (definitely recommended). I've replaced the factory soft top with an aftermarket Sailcloth top from Bestop (also recommended), and during the summer I use a safari bikini top and duster. There's nothing better in the world than having a convertible in the summer that's also a go-anywhere winter vehicle. I don't think I'll ever have another vehicle again.
Favorite Features
Convertible, and dozens of top options. Ride quality (not mushy at all). Go anywhere you want off-road. Heater is incredible. 5-speed is perfect. Build quality is top-notch--in 30k miles of driving, I've only had one issue--an oxygen sensor--that I replaced myself. Easy to work on. Classic Jeep styling.
Suggested Improvements
A lot of people will say road and wind noise. But, it's a Jeep...it comes with the territory. So that doesn't bother me. The interior is a little cramped, but I've grown to like it. With the back seat out there's plenty of room. Stock speakers are a little weak. Stock headlights are dim.