Used 2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

My 200 TJ
By AlaskanPolishman

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I picked this up at the local jeep dealer, it was used with only 28K on it when i got it , a Canadian model with the daytime running lights. Great fun to drive so far , I am getting the 30" tires on it soon and putting in a roll in bed liner for the pan, Runs like a champ, decent gas mileage once i put a Tornado in it and a K&N filter. I love the feeling i have when i drive it , i always wondered why jeep drivers always had a smile on their faces, now i know

Great looks , the thing is alittle Mule in the snow , can go anywhere if you drive it with some common sense

Better tires, that's about it

You got to ride in one
By big black jeep

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

This is one of those Automobiles that makes you smile every time you hop in. It has excellent build quality, it has never had any problems.

Having the removable Hard top is a plus, makes it fun for the summer. Looks, every one loves a Jeep, helps me meet new people (hahaha)

MPG, But this is not an economy car.

Jeeps rule
By jay franklin

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

They will have to pry my Jeep from my cold dead hands. I love it! The soft top is not hard to use if you have any common sense at all. The hard top is better than the solid top on my previous truck. I have no complaints at all.

Its a Jeep, what more do you need.

None really

Great fun
By rvdown

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has to drive it all the time (fuel economy and bumpy ride) but it's great to take out every now and then. I love the convertible aspect, sitting high like a truck but whipping into parking spaces, and the noise (especially in 1st gear) makes me feel like I own the road.

Fun vehicle to drive, dual tops, very manuverable into parking spaces.

Fuel Economy would kill me if I had to use this car regularly. Shift light is annoying and needs to go. Its lucky I haven't figured out how to disconnect it yet. I don't know who programmed it but I usually don't enjoy riding in 5th at 35 MPH.

Good SECOND vehicle
By PaulF

2000 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

My Jeep is defintely not a vehicle for someone who needs daily transportation. The gas mileage is horrible!!! The wind noise on the highway is also really bad. It is a lot of fun on the weekend when I take it to the mountains though. Overall, I could not reccommend it to a friend, which is probably why I drive it less than 5000 miles a year. Buy a FourRunner if you need an offroad machine with good manners.

Top down. Style and abilty to configure any way I want it.

GAS MILEAGE!!!! For a $25K vehicle, the transmission (3 Speed Automatic) is a joke! Work on windnoise! Nobody likes to be blasted by noise on the road!